Nuuk - The Worlds Smallest Capital | 4-Day Package tour | From Iceland to Greenland
Discover the worlds smallest capital with this 4-day package tour, departing from Iceland. Your 4 days will be brimming with Greenlandic culture and history, and unforgettable fjord landscapes of Icebergs, waterfalls and mountains.
In West Greenland, you will find the worlds smallest capital, Nuuk. Nuuk is quite special, as the urban city life perfectly collaborates with the surrounding nature - the capital is situated in the world's second-largest fjord system, and therefore, this tour offers tours for both the metropolitan explorer and the outdoorsman. Clear signs of history and age are visible in Nuuk, and almost every corner holds a piece of history. Furthermore, there is a wide range of shopping and dining opportunities to experience and taste! The surrounding fjord system is a wonder of its own. You will find treasures such as abandoned villages, retracting glacier and humpback whales.
With this tour, you will be exploring the very best of Nuuk. You will explore the hidden corners and gems of the capital on a 3 hour guided city walk, visit the spell-binding Nuuk Icefjord and join an unforgettable dining experience deep in the fjord.
Travel with ease, by joining this package-tour, including all accommodation, transportation, flights and tours. Click on the Itinerary tab to read more information about each day of the tour, and then reserve your place on this exploration of Greenland's capital Nuuk by clicking on Book Now.
You depart with the midday flight from Reykjavik Domestic Aiport and set out on a 3-hour and 20-minute flight to Nuuk. Flying over Greenland, is a trip worth itself, as flying over the Greenland icecap is the most scenic and beautiful flight. After picking up your luggage, you will be transferred to your hotel for a 3-night stay.
When you have settled in, your guide will bring you to The Greenland National Museum & Archive for a 3 hour guided city walk. You will learn about the past and the present of the daily life in Nuuk and learn about Greenland's diverse and fascinating culture. After visiting the National Museum, the tour continues to the Parliament and City Council where the knowledgeable guide will tell you, all you need to know about the political system in Greenland.
When the tour is done, you have the rest of the day to explore Nuuk. Visit the city centre and dine at a local restaurant. Nuuk has a large variety of restaurants, serving everything from Thai to western gastronomy with local Greenlandic commodities.
Get aboard, your second day in Greenland brings you to Nuuk Icefjord by boat.
The glacier Narsap Sermia calves out icebergs in all sizes and shapes, creating a unique scenery of blue and white nuances. You will be sailing for approximately 2 hours on an open boat. The tour takes you through an astonishing landscape of towering mountains and arctic tundra. Nuuk fjord is famous for its humpback whales, so keep an eye out for the whales playing hide and seek between the waves.
Near the Narsap Sermia glacier, you will go ashore and hike for 45 minutes. The hike takes place on the relatively flat arctic tundra, so put your mind at ease - the hike can be done by anyone.
Arriving at the Icefjord, You will be rewarded with an unforgettable view of icebergs, as long as the eye can see. The blue and white nuanced contrasting the dark blue ocean creates an incomparable scenery, that your imagination even can't fathom. Hike back to the boat.
The tour continues to Kapisillit. Kapisillit is a hunting and fishing settlement with 65 inhabitants. In Kapisillit you will be visiting at a local Greenlandic family and attend the cultural celebration – Kaffemik. The local family will offer you coffee and home-baked goods.
After the visit, you will be returning to Nuuk.
The duration of this tour is approx. 8 hours.
You will have the day to yourself. Go on a guided mountain hike in the backdrop of Nuuk or visit an abandoned settlement on the coast.
In the afternoon, you will be departing from the old colonial harbour to go on an unforgettable dining experience, in the fjord.
After 50 minutes of sailing, you will be entering Qooqqut fjord. The landscape of the fjord is quite unique, as towering mountains and luscious valleys of arctic tundra surround the water of the fjord. Before going on land, you will be fishing for trout and Acadian redfish. The fjord's water is rich on fish, and therefore you are guaranteed a fish on the hook.
Once you are ready, we will dock in Qooqqut and you will deliver your fish at the restaurant. The restaurant is a la carte, and therefore you have several options of how you'd like your fish prepared.
Before your evening feast, take the time to hike the steep mountainsides, explore the Norse ruins or pick Arctic herbs.
After dinner, you will be sailed back to Nuuk.
- Flights Reykjavík - Nuuk - Reykjavík
- Airport taxes
- 3 nights hotel accommodation, double room with private facilities including breakfast
- Airport taxi transfers
- City walk sightseeing tour
- Boat tour to Qooqqut
- Boat tour to the fishing village of Kapisillit and hike to the Nuuk icefjord
- Travel insurance
- Lunch on flight days
- Optional excursions
- Unexpected expenses as a result of weather conditions (including difficulties or cancellations due to ice or weather conditions) or flight or boat delays
- Accommodation, transfers and food in Reykjavík or Copenhagen
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather) Day Pack
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Flight schedules may change due to unfavourable weather or ice conditions. The price per person is based on double room with private facilities. If you are a single traveller, it is mandatory to add a single supplement. If you do not add the single supplement, you will be sent a payment request.
21 500 DKK