Quassussuaq Mountain Hike | Nuuk
Explore the fascinating and awe-inspiring Quassussuaq mountain ridge by foot. Quassussuaq is a local gem – adored by all locals of Nuuk. Quassussuaq is Greenlandic for the large mountain ridge, however, the hike is fairly easy.
Your tour starts at the meeting point on the outskirts of the city, where you will be introduced to your guide and co-hikers. The 5-hour hike starts by the foot of the mountain and takes you 433 meters above sea level. En route, your guide will tell you all about what plants or wildlife you might encounter.
The hike offers some amazing views over Nuuk as well as deep into the fjord, where you might even be able to spot whales in the distance. The 433 meters ascend to the top is a cherished hike among the locals, and you’ll often find others enjoying themselves there, or training for something like the arctic circle race. After you have conquered the 433 meters, enjoy the view with a well-deserved cup of coffee!
Nuuk has its fair share of eagles, and you might be lucky to find one soaring above your head as well as the occasional ptarmigan, hare or fox. Let the arctic winds slip through your hair and enjoy the orange rays of the arctic sun!Reserve your place by selecting your preferred date and clicking on Book Now.
Quassussuaq | Lille Malene
- Local experienced mountain guide
- Coffee & tea
- Transfer to the meeting point
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Food & snacks
- For this tour, you need to be able to hike up a steady incline for around 1 hour and 30 minutes. The altitude gain is between 300 and 400 meters.
- Minimum 3 participants. The maximum group size is 8.
- The meeting point for your tour is the end of Uiffak road. You can take a taxi or a bus to get there.
Taxi numbers 00299 36 36 36 or 00299 32 10 19
If you are going by bus take Nr. 1 or Nr. 1x get out in Nr 50 Tikiusaaq stop.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.
1 495 DKK