Settlement Tour By Dogsled | Tasiilaq | East Greenland
An extravagant tour authenticating your East Greenlandic adventure, an adventure leading to to the beautiful village of Tiniteqilaaq. When staying in Tasiilaq, take the opportunity to book this once in a lifetime trip. The settlement has a population of only 130 inhabitants and is situated approximately 50 kilometres from Tasiilaq. An Adventure taking you across Tasiilaq fjord towards the coffeehouse or up the steep inland of Ammassalik Island - all depending on the conditions of the terrain.
Plenty of breaks will be arranged, allowing you to take pictures of the mesmerizing winter landscape.
The trip of 12 hours will take you across the beautiful snow-covered paradise, towards the charming village Tiniteqilaaq. An arctic journey of untouched landscapes with only traces of snowmobiles, cross country skiers and if you are lucky, animal tracks. Astonishing sceneries for photographers experienced and less experienced, a wonderland for you to enjoy. The perfect tour for a better understanding of the vastness and demanding nature.Ready to experience the authentic mode of winter transportation in Greenland? Select your preferred date and click Book Now to reserve your place.
Journey Through The Arctic Landscape to Tiniteqilaaq
This exciting journey through the arctic wilderness starts by the dog area north of town, here the musher and his dogs will be waiting for you. After a quick introduction and briefing about the journey ahead, the musher will place you and your bag on the sledge and get the dogs ready. The trip takes you across Kong Oscar's Fjord towards the an area called the Coffeehouse. Along the way, we will travel through narrow passages of frozen landscape and steep mountainsides. You will get to experience the bond between man and dog, as well as the trials of the arctic terrain. The dogs and musher will bring you up steep mountains and hills to reach the destination. This will though sometimes require you to walk beside the sled or if you are willing to, push the sled up hills. Along the journey, there will be plenty of opportunities to stop for pictures and short breaks. The tour allows you to push your boundaries in the safe company of the musher, and learn some of the techniques that are required to control a dogsled. The 12 hour trip to the wonderful Tiniteqilaaq, will mesmerize you beyond your belief.
Arriving in the charming little settlement of Tinit, you will be met by the friendly locals and taken to your hut.
Return to Tasiilaq
After breakfast, you will be heading back to Tasiilaq. You will travel back the same way you cam, but not to worry! The journey back will be equally as mesmerizing and stunning as the journey to Tinit. Still, plenty of stops to take pictures and catch your breath before continuing through the winter paradise.
- Experienced dogsled musher
- Overnight arrangements in Tiniteqilaaq
- Warm Beverages
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Insulated winter boots
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Personal belongings (Only necessities, what you can carry in a small backpack)
- Extra socks
- Danish Kroner makes paying for souvenirs etc. easier and faster
- All Greenland Vacation tours are weather dependent.
- When traveling in Greenland, it is always good to check the weather forecast before going on a trip.
- Please note that traveling by dog sled can be hard for your body, therefore this tour is not recommended if you have any physical aches and pains. When packing for the stay-over, keep in mind you will have to carry your own baggage, so don't bring too much.
2 700 DKK
Multi-day TourIncluding flights from Iceland
Land of Erik the Red | Igaliku & Narsarsuaq | South GreenlandFrom 16 500 DKK
Ice Cap Adventure | East GreenlandFrom 3 000 DKK
Overnight snowshoe adventure | NuukFrom 1 950 DKK
Narsarsuaq Easy 5 days Package | South GreenlandFrom 3 780 DKK