Glacier Lodge Stay | Qeqertarsuaq | Disko Bay
Are you adventurous soul? Join us and sleep on the brink of the Lyngmark Glacier on this multiday tour to the mountains of Disko Island! While exploring the phenomenal glacial environment you will be staying in our mountain lodge, which overviews the Disko Bay.
Disko Island is raw and wild. Its volcanic heritage has created a unique environment, unlike any other place in Greenland: basalt rock formations, lush and rich vegetation, hot springs, and black sand beaches. These unique and beautiful naturally formed wonders are topped off with the Uunartuarsuup Sermia, also known as the Lyngmark Glacier, which you will be exploring on this tour.
The glacier proves that Disko Island is indeed magical. Uunartuarsuup Sermia rests upon the iconic symmetrical, flat-topped, and rust-colored mountains and has the perfect conditions to explore the glacial environment.
The tour departs from Qeqertarsuaq town at 11:00, where you will meet us. From here you will be hiking to the mountain, where the glacier resides. There is no other way of reaching the glacier in the summer and the hike reaches an altitude of about 900 meters above Qeqertarsuaq.
You will be conquering 4 hours of uneven and upgoing terrain with a few scree passages up the hill to 900 meters! Despite this being a challenging hike, you will be hiking in the most beautiful surroundings, and along the way, we will stop to admire the unspoiled settings. Facing the mountains you can enjoy the lush flora of Arctic Angelica, waterfalls, and the iconic backdrop of mountains. To the North, you have the view of Disko Bay and its migrating icebergs originating from the UNESCO World Heritage Ilulissat Icefjord.
Arriving on top of the Lyngmark Mountain you will be assigned to your room and bunk bed, which you will be sharing with your travel companions. For your afternoon and evening in the lodge, the guide has planned several activities. Which activities depend on the weather, the conditions of the glacier, and the composition of the group. But usually, this time is spent hiking to Blæsedalen, also known as Windy Valley or Apostle Mountain, and glacier hiking with snowshoes on the glacier!
Once you have done the different activities you can relax with a nice meal served by the guides and play a board game or two, that we have available at the lodge. The next day takes you back to Qeqertarsuaq the same way you came, but before departure, breakfast will be served.
You will be hiking down to Qeqertarsuaq and reach the town approx. at 12:00pm next day.
Discover the magic of Disko Island on this multiday tour of the Lyngmark Glacier by choosing your start day and pressing Book Now.
- Guided hike to and from the lodge (7 km each way, 900 meters altitude gain/loss)
- Glacier hike other evening activity (if conditions allow)
- Overnight stay in lodge
- Shared bedroom with bunk beds for 4 people
- Packed lunch
- Dinner (day 1)
- Breakfast (day 2)
- Sheets, pillows & sleeping bag
- Dry toilet facilities
- Daypack (25-35L), you will get personal pillow cover and fleece liner, lunch to pack in your backpack before departure .
What to bring
- Daypack (25-35L)
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should also wear hiking boots with ankle support.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Insulated winter boots
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & hat
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Optional: binoculars (for spotting whales and other wildlife)
- Recommended: hiking poles
- Tour starts at 11:00 and ends the next day at approximately 12.00
- You will be accommodated in one of our four bedrooms. Each room sleeps 4 people in bunk beds, which are shared by the tour's different guests.
- The lodge has a kitchen, a living room with a large dining table, and two separate dry-claw toilets, but no showers are available.
- There is no electricity to charge phones and camera
- There is no mobile coverage
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.
1 795 DKK
Kuannit Hike | Qeqertarsuaq | Disko BayFrom 595 DKK
Vacation PackageIncluding flights from Denmark
The Great Ice Adventure | 12 Days | Disko Bay & West GreenlandFrom 35 300 DKK
History walk | Qeqertarsuaq | Disko BayFrom 700 DKK
Multi-day TourNew product!
Glacier Lodge Stay | Qeqertarsuaq | Disko BayFrom 1 795 DKK