Best of Nuuk in 4 days | West Greenland
Explore the best of Nuuk on this all-encompassing 4-day tour! By joining this tour, you will be sure to cover everything from Nuuk's city venue of gourmet, culture and history to the natural wonders of the Arctic, such as icebergs, waterfall, fjord sceneries and mountain landscapes. Nuuk is acknowledged to be the worlds smallest capital, but it is also a hidden gem of spectacular nature and interesting cultural/historical attractions. It is a blooming city, mixing traditional Inuit heritage with the modern western lifestyle, seen through cuisine, nature, fashion and city venues - a must-see. Let us see to all the details of planning your tours in Nuuk, while you focus on the attractions and beautiful surroundings. The tour includes accommodation for 3 nights, transfer and tours to the most interesting attractions of Nuuk and Nuuk Fjord. You will turn every stone of Nuuk city on an all-encompassing city-sightseeing and end it with Greenlandic tapas tasting, taste splendid cuisine while dining at a four-star restaurant in the middle of the wilderness, catch your own dinner, visit an abandoned fishing station and sail among icebergs in Nuuk Icefjord. You can also add optional experiences to your days in Nuuk, such as mountain hiking, attend the local celebration 'Kaffemik', and play golf in one of the worlds hardest environments. Click on the Itinerary tab to read more information about each day of the tour, and then reserve your place on this exploration of Nuuk by clicking on Book Now.
After arriving at Nuuk airport, we will transfer you to your hotel. Settle in and get unpacked. Once you are ready, we will take you on a city sightseeing by bus or car, which you can continue yourself on foot.
Today you will be introduced to Greenlandic culture and history, by paying a visit to The National Museum Of Greenland. Here you can see and learn about Greenland's modern and ancient history, displayed through house settings, umiaqs, qajaqs, mummies and art. After seeing and learning about the Greenlandic culture you will experience it on first hand. We will be fishing for redfish and cod. The catch we’ll bring to a four-star restaurant with the worlds greatest view, here the fresh fish will be prepared for your dinner by skilled chefs.
Your third day in Nuuk brings you to sea. At 8:00 AM, you will be sailing 80 km (50 miles) into Nuuk Fjord (about 2,5 hours, depending on weather and ice conditions) to visit the beautiful Nuuk Icefjord. In Nuuk Icefjord we will be cruising among icebergs and enjoy lunch with views of the ‘Narsap Sermia’ glacier ( if the ice conditions allow).
After lunch, we will stop by the former fishing and hunter village, Qoornoq. The once inhabited town now functions as a recreational area for the locals.
En route to Nuuk, we will sail by the iconic Mount Sermitisaq waterfall. On top of Sermitsiaq is melting glacier, that creates a stunning meltwater waterfall tumbling down the side of the mountain.
You will be back in Nuuk afternoon 3:00 PM.
To this day, you can book an optional tour to attend a local 'Kaffemik'. Kaffemik is a local way of celebrating an event ( a birthday, first seal catch, graduation etc.), where you gather friends and family to drink coffee and enjoy cakes or local delicacies.
Optional hike before departure
Your fourth day in Greenland bids you farewell. Before departing with your flight, book an optional hike to one of the city's most beautiful hiking routes.
Hiking around the mountain ridge Quassussuaq is especially popular among the locals, as it is a beautiful and easily accessible hike. You have the option of going hiking around Mount Quassussuaq with a professional guide. The tour is optional and can be booked during the booking process.
- Accommodation 3 nights with breakfast (in Hostel)
- Greenlandic tapas tasting
- Boat tour to Qooqqut - fish'n'dish
- Icefjord boat tour
- Guided city sightseeing
- Visit to the National Museum
- Any airfare - Send us an inquiry if you'd like for us to arrange it
- Personal Insurance
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Personal belongings
- Note that the base price is for a shared double room at the hostel, you can upgrade during the booking process.
- For the departure time just pick at what time you'll be arriving in Nuuk and we'll come to pick you up.
- You can choose between two accommodations:
- Hotel Hans Egede, 4 stars: located right in the centre of town, the fifth-floor Skyline bar offers views all around Nuuk and live music almost every night. The room is equipped with a flat-screen satellite TV, tea/coffee facilities and a private bathroom. On-site dining options include a café in the reception, lunch restaurant, along with 2 dinner restaurants.
- Inuk Hostel: This hostel is situated with an amazing view of the iconic mountain of Nuuk, a little outside of the city centre. The hostel has twin rooms with shared facilities and has its own café, where you can have your breakfast with a stunning view.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.