Boat Shuttle from Ilulissat to Ilimanaq | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
Escape the city of Ilulissat for one or several days with a visit to the small and historically important settlement of Ilimanaq - located just across the Icefjord. The main occupations for its ~50 inhabitants are fishing and hunting, so is a very different experience to Ilulissat and a journey back to an earlier time.While in Ilimanaq, you can take a tour of the settlement to learn a little about its history, hike through the Arctic tundra, enjoy the very Greenlandic tradition of a Kaffemik, or take an adventure ride on an all-terrain-vehicle to a nearby glacier. All these tours can also be booked here on Guide to Greenland. You can also enjoy either lunch or dinner in the top-quality restaurant housed in a heritage building - just add this option in the booking process. The Ilulissat-Ilimanaq shuttle takes around 45 minutes and is the only way to get to Ilimanaq independently. It has several departures daily, so you can choose which one suits your timetable best. If you plan to return the same day, select which shuttle you would like in the booking process. If you would like to return on a different day, please book your shuttle via our Boat shuttle from Ilimanaq to Ilulissat tour. Reserve your day trip from Ilulissat to Ilimanaq by selecting your preferred date and clicking on Book Now.
- Boat Shuttle Tickets
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- The boat shuttle sails several times daily between Ilulissat and Ilimanaq. Remember to book your return to Ilulissat.
- If you would like to stay for one or several nights and wish to return on a different day, please make the booking for the correct times and then contact us to let us know that your return will be a different day - we will make the adjustment for you.
- The tickets for the boat shuttle will be sent to you by email after the tour has been confirmed. It is important that you bring the tickets to the boat shuttle, or you will be denied access.