Iceberg Classic | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
Total Fascination and the overwhelming feelings of the forces of nature is to be explored in this trip, among icebergs in Ilulissat Ice fjord.
Sailing with Ilulissat Water Taxi is a nice and easy way to get to some of the top attractions close to Ilulissat city. You book the trip and Water Taxi will pick you up on one of two spots at the harbor - just like a Yellow Cab.
Ilulissat is Greenlandic for "icebergs". On this trip you will get an unforgettable experience of icebergs in all shapes and sizes, that are pushed into the fjord. The ice fjord is on the UNESCO World Heritage list and the glacier moves about 30 meters each day. This process produces approximately 20 billion tons of ice every year, making it an incomparable natural area.
This cruise takes you to one of the most beautiful places in the area. The Mouth of the fjord, where the large icebergs make their start out on the great journey into the Atlantic Ocean. The largest icebergs can be around 1.5 cubic kilometers and rise like cathedrals towards the sky. This is a top attraction and a must see when visiting Ilulissat. When sailing there may be the opportunity to see whales and seals in the arctic waters.
There is only one thing to say - the natural phenomenon, that is to be experienced by you! Reserve your private tour for up to 6 people by selecting your preferred date and clicking Book Now.
UNESCO World Heritage Site
- 2 hours sailing
- Local captain
- Coffee and tea
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Optional: Binoculars for spotting whales
- The price is for chartering the whole boat and includes 1-6 people. Please select the correct number of people in the booking process (the price won't change). It is important for the captain to know how many people will be joining.
- It is possible to bring your own food, but save yourself the trouble and order a sandwich or a lunch plate in the booking process
- There may be changes in the timing of the trip due to weather. The decision lies with the captain. If the trip is cancelled, there will be a full refund.
3 700 DKK
2 Day Hiking and Kayaking Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 4 950 DKK
2 Hours of Dogsledding | IlulissatFrom 1 495 DKK
Vacation PackageIncluding flights from Iceland
3 days Ilulissat Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 21 500 DKK
Vacation PackageBook now
5 Day Ilulissat Explorer | Disko BayFrom 25 600 DKK