Kulusuk Classic daytour | East Greenland
Ups... It looks like this tour is not available at the moment! Find more package tours in Greenland here
Join on this unique day tour to the remote Greenlandic town, Kulusuk. Get a glimpse of a world that is far away from everything you know.
Your journey starts from Reykjavík Domestic Airport. From Reykjavík you will fly directly to Kulusuk. As you come closer to the coasts of Greenland you will see the beautiful landscape and a sea filled with icebergs in different sizes. Enjoy the view and before you know it, it is time to land.
Kulusuk is located on a small rocky island surrounded by rough, tall mountains and deep fjords. At the airport in Kulusuk you will be greeted by your guide for the day. The guide will hold a big sign, that you cannot miss.
Kulusuk is a town where around 300 people have their daily lives in colourful houses, surrounded by beautiful nature. With the guide you will walk through the town with its traditional green, red and yellow houses. On your guided walk you will visit the church, a private museum with artifacts from some of the first inhabitants in the area, the cemetery and if you are lucky you might get to experience a local perform a traditional Inuit drumdance. You will see how modern life and traditional lifestyle can be mixed, as many families in Kulusuk still are depending on hunting and fishing to sustain themselves. Take your time to explore the town, fresh air and enjoy the beautiful view of the sea and mountains.
Come along and get a little, colourful glimpse of Greenland. See availability by clicking "Book Now" and book your tour today.
- Return flights between Reykjavík and Kulusuk
- Guided walk in Kulusuk (approx. 6km)
- Certificate of visit (upon request)
- Food & drinks during the tour
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- The tour starts from Reykjavík Domestic Airport, please note that check-in begins 60 minutes before departure, so be at the airport in good time for this. When landed in Kulusuk the guide will meet you at the airport with a sign that is hard to miss!
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.
5 500 DKK