Kulusuk Classic daytour | East Greenland
Join on this unique day tour to the remote Greenlandic town, Kulusuk. Get a glimpse of a world that is far away from everything you know.
Your journey starts from Reykjavík Domestic Airport. From Reykjavík you will fly directly to Kulusuk. As you come closer to the coasts of Greenland you will see the beautiful landscape and a sea filled with icebergs in different sizes. Enjoy the view and before you know it, it is time to land.
Kulusuk is located on a small rocky island surrounded by rough, tall mountains and deep fjords. At the airport in Kulusuk you will be greeted by your guide for the day. The guide will hold a big sign, that you cannot miss.
Kulusuk is a town where around 300 people have their daily lives in colourful houses, surrounded by beautiful nature. With the guide you will walk through the town with its traditional green, red and yellow houses. On your guided walk you will visit the church, a private museum with artifacts from some of the first inhabitants in the area, the cemetery and if you are lucky you might get to experience a local perform a traditional Inuit drumdance. You will see how modern life and traditional lifestyle can be mixed, as many families in Kulusuk still are depending on hunting and fishing to sustain themselves. Take your time to explore the town, fresh air and enjoy the beautiful view of the sea and mountains.
Come along and get a little, colourful glimpse of Greenland. See availability by clicking "Book Now" and book your tour today.
- Return flights between Reykjavík and Kulusuk
- Guided walk in Kulusuk (approx. 6km)
- Certificate of visit (upon request)
- Food & drinks during the tour
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- The tour starts from Reykjavík Domestic Airport, please note that check-in begins 60 minutes before departure, so be at the airport in good time for this. When landed in Kulusuk the guide will meet you at the airport with a sign that is hard to miss!
5 500 DKK
Vacation PackagePhotography Tour
Icebergs, Inuit Settlements and Aurora Phototour | Ilulissat | 8 daysFrom 34 200 DKK
Day Tour1 to 6 passengers included
Private Glacier and Settlement Tour | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 7 200 DKK
Day TourIncludes 7 to 10 passengers!
Abandoned settlement experience |Private Charter | Qasigiannguit | Disko BayFrom 3 800 DKK
Vacation PackageFlights included
Biking, hiking & kayaking | South GreenlandFrom 20 200 DKK