A Touch of Greenland | Kulusuk | East Greenland
Get the ultimate Arctic experience with this trip to amazing East Greenland, Kulusuk. This tour is for you who would like to experience the Arctic, from the raw and untouched nature of remote East Greenland to the fascinating culture.
East Greenland is the worlds undiscovered paradise, offering remote and distant glaciers, spellbinding valleys and fields of icebergs. You will be visiting Kulusuk, a small village with approximately 250 inhabitants. Kulusuk is located on a small rocky island situated in the Ammassalik area, surrounded by towering and peaky mountains. Wherever you go, you will be surrounded with views of icebergs as far as the eye can see.
The adventure is yours to create. Experience the culture, examine the spectacular sceneries of ice and glaciers or explore the surrounding mountain landscape. The village offers plenty of outdoor activities from sailing, hiking and sightseeing, so select your preferred date and click Book Now.
Arriving in Kulusuk | Create your adventure
You will depart from Reykjavik Domestic Airport to Kulusuk, for a 2-hour flight. Flying over Greenland is trip in itself. Seeing the white blanket of ice, covering the landscape is a memorable experience.
On arrival in Kulusuk, you will be welcomed by your guide and transferred to Hotel Kulusuk. The day is yours to create and, depending on the season, the activities vary.
Optional Summer Tours:
- - Sailing to the Apusiajik Glacier
- - Iceberg cruises
- - City Walks
- - Helicopter tours to the Inland ice
- - Visit to nearby settlements
Optional Winter Tours:
- - Snowmobile rides
- - Dog sled exploring
- - Dog sled tour to the Apusiajik Glacier
The day is yours to define, but we definitely recommend going to the Apusiajik Glacier. The glacier rises steeply above the surrounding mountains, creating a picturesque landscape of ice and snow. By the foot of the glacier are migrating icebergs in white and blue nuances, in all shapes and sizes. It is a place, so magical, that not even your imagination can fathom the beauty.
- Flights Reykjavik- Kulusuk- Reykjavik
- Airport taxes
- 1 night in a double room with private facilities and full board, starting with dinner on day 1
- Single supplement mandatory if travelling alone
- Travel insurance
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Insulated winter boots
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Please note, that the price and tour dates are guiding. There can be a change in the price, due to flight availability and your booking can be moved with your consent.
- Most airlines allow 20kg of luggage weight.
- Dress after the 3-layer structure that is adequate for this adventure, whereby each has its own specialized purpose: a moisture transfer base layer next to your skin, then one or more adjustable insulating layers, and finally an outer shell to protect you from rain and wind.
- Departure from Reykjavík domestic airport. As all local tours depend upon weather and ice conditions, they can only be booked after arrival.
- Flight schedules may change due to unfavorable weather or ice conditions.
- Off-season options require sometimes staying in Kulusuk 2-5 nights, depending on the period.
9 200 DKK