Catch'n'Eat | Unicorn restaurant | Nuuk
Looking for winter activity in Nuuk? Then this tour will be a perfect combination of exploring some of the fjords and having a great culinary experience.
Fishing is the biggest industry in Greenland and a very popular casual activity amongst Greenlanders. So why not do as the locals do and fish for your own dinner? It simply doesn't get fresher and more delicious than this!
On this tour, you will be departing from the Tidewater stairs, by the Atlantic harbor. From here, your captain will take you to some of the best fishing spots in the area. Here you will be fishing for either cod or redfish. You do not have to be experienced and you do not need any fishing equipment. The crew will take care of it.
Once dinner is caught, we sail back to Nuuk, where you can enjoy your freshly made fish in Unicorn restaurant, which is located in the heart of Nuuk, by the colonial harbor.
Reserve your place on this scenic fishing and culinary adventure in the Nuuk Fjord by selecting your date of travel and clicking Book Now.
- The tour is on a closed boat with a heated cabin, restroom, and safety equipment
- All fishing equipment
- Tea & coffee on board
- Dinner at the restaurant, using the fish we catch
- Local captain and guide
- Drinks are not included and must be paid for at the restaurant
- Any additional food purchased in restaurant
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera and spare batteries
- Drinking water
- Optional: binoculars
- Although this adventure takes place on a closed boat, you will be spending time out on the decks to fish and for the best views of the fjord. Make sure you dress appropriately and, regardless of the weather, it is always a good idea to bring a windproof jacket and gloves.
- This tour has a minimum requirement of 2 passengers. If we do not reach this number of people on the day of your tour, we will cancel the tour and refund the paid price.
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".
1 300 DKK