Northern Lights Tour | Nuuk | West Greenland
Is your dream to see the Northern Lights but you want to do it in relative comfort? Join us on a drive to the darkest sites around Nuuk for the best views of the Aurora Borealis.
Your local guide will meet you at the departure location 15 minutes prior. But make sure you dress for the cold! In order to have an unobstructed panorama of the lights as they dance across the sky, you will want to get out at each of the different stops. The good news is that the warm car is always right there, in case you do get cold while outside admiring nature’s light show.
As you drive through Nuuk, your guide will explain a little about the city and you are encouraged to ask as many questions as you would like. You will also be treated to hot chocolate to help keep you warm as you admire the views.
As with any Northern Lights experience, it is important to remember that the lights are unpredictable and may not appear - despite what forecasts may say. But be assured that your guide will do their utmost to give you the best experience possible and, if you are really unlucky, remember that you can rebook a place on a different night for free.
Rug up for one of nature’s most awesome displays, choose your preferred date and click Book Now.
- English/Danish speaking guide
- Warm car
- Hot chocolate
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Insulated winter boots
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Water bottle
- Northern lights are never guaranteed. However, if you are unlucky and don't see them, you can reserve a place on a different night for free
- This is not a photographic tour but you are free to take your own photographs during the excursion