Fish'n'dish | Qooqqut Nuan | Nuuk
Hop aboard this adventure, exploring the deep seas of Nuuk fjord system by fishing, paired with an extraordinary dining experience in the abandoned settlement Qooqqut. Qooqqut holds a 6-star restaurant and is Nuuk city’s leading destination.
You will meet us at the local Marina, and come aboard our open Poca yawl. Here you will be equipped with a bright survival suit and get friendly with the security precautions, that apply sea adventures.
As you venture into the fjord with the mission of reaching Qooqqut, you will have the pleasure of catching your dinner. Master the art of longline fishing, in the most breathtaking surroundings.
After approximately 1 hour and 25 minutes of sailing and fishing, you will arrive in Qooqqut. Qooqqut is situated in a small bay, surrounded by mountain tins and luscious Arctic tundra. You will go ashore and deliver your fish at Qooqqut Nuan - if satisfied with the catch of the day, try the fish n' dish course!
Leave your Codfish or Acadian redfish in the hands of professional chefs at Qooqqut Nuan, while exploring the grounds. Climb the mountainsides, which will provide you with outstanding views of Qooqqut bay. Explore the herbs and geology, that rest on the mesmerizing grounds. Qooqqut is prosperous on Garden Angelica and Arctic Herbs. If the tide is low, pick clams in the orange rays of the arctic sunset.
Head back for dinner, and enjoy a deliciously prepared dinner. It is also possible to order something else than fish, as the restaurant's Thai-themed menu has both vegetarian and meat-based options.
Enjoy the satisfaction of eating your self-caught fish, served with local commodities. Select your preferred date and click Book Now to reserve your seat.
- Fishing equipment
- Survival suit
- Restaurant Fee | Food & Drinks Not Included
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), an insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy & Warm boots
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Cash for dinning in Qooqqut Nuan
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Our price does not include dinner at Qooqqut Nuan.
- It is cold at and this is an open boat, you will be exposed to wind and water. The attire of the day is a rented survival suit, included in the price.
- Unless you have a ready-made group of 3 passengers, your departure time will be based on the time you have chosen but may be altered so that you are scheduled with the nearest group of people. We will try our best to match you with the closest departure.
- Minimum of 3 passengers.
1 800 DKK