Northern Lights Private Boat Tour | Nuuk
Do you want an exclusive view of the Northern Lights from the luxury of your own private boat? Experience this magical spectacle from the darkness of the Nuuk Fjord in a private Aurora Borealis boat charter.
You will head away from Nuuk’s city lights for the darkest skies and the best views of the colourful Northern Lights. Your boat is specially designed for Greenlandic conditions, and your experienced captain and guide will ensure your safety and help you with anything you may need during the excursion.
Sit back and relax in the warm cabin as we make our way to a prime viewing location. Then rug up and venture outside onto the decks to witness the full grandeur of one of nature’s most spectacular light shows.
Treat a group of your family or friends to a unique Northern Lights experience by selecting your preferred date above and clicking on Book Now.
** Do keep in mind that the Northern Lights are unpredictable and may not appear - no matter what the forecasts say. Your captain and guide will do their best to ensure you see them, but unfortunately, there is no way to control this.
- Experienced crew
- Hot beverages
- Life jacket
- Survival suit
- 2 hours
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Insulated winter boots
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
For start autumn:
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- You are allowed to bring your own food, but you can also order a sandwich or lunch plate during the booking process.
- The price is for up to 6 people.
- In the event of bad weather, the tour will be cancelled and you will get a full refund. The terms and conditions can be found in the supplier description.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.
3 850 DKK