Puffin Safari | Nuuk
Embark on a quick adventure by boat to an island near Nuuk, where we can see a colony of Puffins also known as Sea parrots as well as Razorbills (a type of auk) in their natural habitat.
These unique birds have colourful beaks and have been a favourite theme in Greenlandic art for a long time. Create your own art with your camera taking photos or making movies. The crew will be very careful not to get too close and move slowly as not to disturb the birds nesting and trying to hatch their eggs.
On the way to the colony, we might be lucky enough to see seals poking their curious head out of the water, and we’ll sail past the abandoned settlement of Narsaq which you can see from a distance.
These waters are also whale territory but there is, of course, no guarantee. We might even see some of the National Bird, the Sea eagle, as there are plenty of them in the Nuuk area.
Whether you’re a tourist looking for a quick and wonderful adventure or If you need a nature break after work, this is the perfect 3-hour tour for you.
Enjoy the nature and views onboard as we serve a delicious hot cup of coffee or tea.
Find a day that suits you and click on ‘Book Now’.
- 3 hours sailing tour with closed boat
- 2 hours sailing
- 1 hour of bird watching
- English/ Danish speaking guide
- Coffee & Tea
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Water Bottle
Please note that "COVID-19 discount" can be applied just for Greenland residents.
Please note that the tour needs a minimum of 3 participants, if there are too few we will have to cancel the tour. We will try to reschedule you if it is not possible you will get a full refund.