Fjord Affair | Nuuk
Explore the capital of Greenland from the seaside and its astonishing surrounding fjord system on this 2-hour fjord safari!
This journey begins with sailing out from the marina. You and your fellow explorers will get a great view overlooking the colourful city of Nuuk in front of you and behind you, the Northland to the west. The arctic winds will long to play with your hair, while your curiosity lies on the waters with the sea creatures inhabiting the surrounding seas of the capital.
Traveling north, you will meet the majestic mountain, Sermitsiaq. Nearing the mountain, you will hear a boisterous noise, that will enchant you to explore more. When arriving you will be met with pebbles of water in all directions. The melting snow overlaying the mountain, slides down the side, creating a stunning waterfall. It is a unique and rare sight of the eye! We will stop for a while to enjoy the view of the waterfall.
Further explore the veins of the fjord that can take you to the untouched flat mountainsides of the northland or assist the captain sailing the seas!
Even for the trained eye, it is difficult to spot the arctic sea creatures, therefore the captain and his crew will be on the watch for whales, seals and seabirds. The ocean will hide the humpback whale, and at first glance you will only be able to see the back of it, but with patience, the whale will jump for air and drain you emotionally with its beauty.
Balm your soul with white and blue colour nuanced icebergs, whales, waterfalls and allow yourself to get lost in the wild, with this Fjordsafari.
Find your inner explorer and bring your binoculars for this adventurous tour! Check the booking availability by pressing ''Book Now'' above.
- 2 hours sailing tour with open boat
- Survival suit
- Safety vest
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm footwear & Warm socks
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sunglasses, sun screen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Water and other beverages
- Day pack
- This is an open yawl, with no cabin. It is highly recommended to bring warm clothes, as you are exposed to wind and water. The attire of the day is a rented survival suit included in the price.
- If there are less than 4 passengers booking upon departure day, the adventure will be cancelled. Notice the establishment claims the right to cancel tours due to bad weather, technical problems or sickness.