Hike among the Mountains | Nuuk
This hike takes you from the edge of Qinngorput, along the Cirkus lake, in between the mountains and back towards the city.
Your guide, will meet you at the end of the street ‘Uiffak’, from which you’ll start the hike.
The trail leads you along the beautiful Cirkus lake to a nice little waterfall pouring out fresh water that you can drink. It’s some of the cleanest water in the world, and it sure is delicious. Along the way the guide will share his knowledge of the surrounding area, such as the plantlife and wildlife you might encounter.
Almost all the way you’re surrounded by tall mountains, which truly gives a sense of the scale of things here in Greenland. It also offers some great views into the fjord of Greenland. At some point you’ll have a break where the guide serves tea and coffee.
Quassussuaq | Lille Malene
- Experienced guide
- Tea and Coffee
- Return transfer from town to the start of the hike
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sun screen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Water bottle
- Day Pack
- The hike is doable for most ages and levels of fitness
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.