Hike among the Mountains | Nuuk
This hike takes you from the edge of Qinngorput, along the Cirkus lake, in between the mountains and back towards the city.
Your guide, will meet you at the end of the street ‘Uiffak’, from which you’ll start the hike.
The trail leads you along the beautiful Cirkus lake to a nice little waterfall pouring out fresh water that you can drink. It’s some of the cleanest water in the world, and it sure is delicious. Along the way the guide will share his knowledge of the surrounding area, such as the plantlife and wildlife you might encounter.
Almost all the way you’re surrounded by tall mountains, which truly gives a sense of the scale of things here in Greenland. It also offers some great views into the fjord of Greenland. At some point you’ll have a break where the guide serves tea and coffee.
Quassussuaq | Lille Malene
- Experienced guide
- Tea and Coffee
- Return transfer from town to the start of the hike
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sun screen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Water bottle
- Day Pack
- The hike is doable for most ages and levels of fitness
1 250 DKK