Kapisillit Settlement Tour | Nuuk
Come along on this adventure, exploring the veins of Nuuk fjord and a remote settlement, far from civilization.
Sailing through the Qoornoq passage will lead to the remote fishing and hunting settlement, Kapisillit. A place where the forces of nature are dominating and the pace of modern society is nonexisting.
The settlement was founded in 1927, by two brothers. Due to its rich seas, the settlement grew to 61 inhabitants and has since endured prosperity and adversity. The settlement is a great escape from city life and an insight into how Greenland is outside the capital.
Through the Qoornoq passage, you will be met with icebergs floating from the Narsap Sermia glacier, in white and blue nuances. It is a surreal experience, moving between the icebergs.
There are both culture and nature attractions to explore in Kapisillit.
If you are culture minded, looking to explore traditional and old methods of processing food, visit the old drying racks or get involved in the process! If you are looking to enjoy the mesmerizing Arctic landscapes, hike the surrounding mountain landscape or visit the only salmon spawning river in Greenland.
For an insight into the daily life of the Greenlandic people and the nature that surrounds them, select your date of departure and click Book Now .
- Safety vest
- Floating suit
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Food / Snacks
- There is no cabin on this boat, it is an open boar tour. You will be exposed to wind and water, therefore it is recommended that you bring warm clothes. The attire of the day is a rented survival suit included in the price.
- Please note, that the tour operator claims the right to cancel tours due to bad weather, technical problems or sickness.
- The departure time for this tour is flexible. However, if your booking does not meet the minimum number of passengers- 3 people required for the tour to run, we may need to move your chosen departure time to match you up with the next possible tour. In this case, we will contact you by email to verify that the change is OK.
- Boats: Poca 600 (8 pax.) and Poca 550 (5 pax.).
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.
There are no reviews yet.