Helicopter Summit Flight | Nuuk
Want to take your helicopter scenic flight to the next level? Experience the adventure of landing in the wilderness near the summit of either Sermitsiaq or Kingittorsuaq mountain for a bird’s eye view of Nuuk and the Nuuk Fjord system.
You begin your adventure at Nuuk airport where you will be greeted by your experienced pilot and taken out to the waiting helicopter. There they will point out key elements of the aircraft, take you through a safety briefing, and let you know which mountain you will be visiting on the excursion. This latter is determined by the weather conditions and is not decided until just before the flight.
Then sit back and enjoy the views as you lift off and head for the designated peak. During the flight you will have unparalleled views of the Nuuk and the Nuuk Fjord system, and you will be able to talk to your pilot through your headset and ask questions about what you are seeing.
Landing a helicopter in the wilderness is an experience in itself, and you will likely have a bit of an adrenaline rush as your pilot searches for solid ground on which to land. If there is snow at the summit, this can mean multiple landing attempts as your pilot compacts the snow to ensure a stable platform for the aircraft.
Once the helicopter has been shut down, you will then have around 20 minutes to explore this uncharted location that is only accessible by helicopter. Make sure you bring plenty of warm clothing and extra batteries for your camera as you will want to enjoy and capture this unique experience for as long as possible.
Indulge your inner thrillseeker and combine a scenic flight with a summit landing. Reserve this unforgettable experience now by selecting your preferred departure date above.
- Flying time 25-30 min.
- Landing on the Sermitsiaq mountain, 30 min. stop
- Headset so you can hear the pilot
- Safety briefing
What to bring
- Warm clothing that is appropriate for the season. Dress warmer than you would normally as it can be very windy at the summit.
- Extra camera batteries if you have them (especially if it is cold)
- Please note, that you have to be in the airport 30 minutes before departure.
- With your safety in mind, a tour may be cancelled or the itinerary changed due to poor weather conditions or other factors beyond our control.
2 595 DKK