Northern Lights from a mountain top | Snowshoe tour in Nuuk
Experience the northern lights from a snowy mountain top near Nuuk!
Equipped with snowshoes and a headlamp we’ll hike up to the summit of the Quassussuaq mountain, which is about 430 meters high.
Up here we’ll be above the city lights, able to look down upon a beautiful grid, almost like a lit-up Christmas tree. And above us, a display of stars, moonlight, and hopefully northern lights!
Being far from the light pollution we can see it all clearer from up here, and we’ll make a bench in the show for us to enjoy the show and get away from the wind. We’ll turn the headlamps off and just watch the night sky whilst sipping on a cup of something nice and warm.
Away from the light pollution of the city, Winter’s Arctic light-show is at its most spectacular, so book your front-row seat by selecting your date of departure and clicking Book Now.
- Hot drinks
- A local guide
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- A warm hat, thick windproof gloves & buff or scarf
- Insulated winter boots
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Note that there is no guarantee to see northern lights, but snowshoeing in the night and seeing the stars is still a wonderful experience.
- We need a minimum of 2 participants in order to carry out this tour. If your booking does not meet the minimum number of passengers required for the tour to run, we may need to move your chosen departure time to match you up with the next possible tour. In this case, we will contact you by email to verify that the change is OK
- Note that the mountain is fairly steep so you will get warm on the way up but it's a good idea to bring an extra jacket for when we're sitting in the bench to enjoy the scenery.
1 990 DKK