Nuuk Icefjord | Nuuk
Want to travel the entire length of the Nuuk Icefjord to witness the incredible Narsap Sermia glacier spilling down off the massive Greenland Ice sheet? This tour is for you, who would like to experience the wonders of the Arctic from icebergs to massive glacier moraines.
By the colonial harbor in Nuuk, you will be welcome aboard our closed boat. Rug up and sit under the open sky or in the heated closed cabin, as your experienced captain sets a course that will take you past many of the impressive mountains that shape Nuuk Fjord.
Enjoy the spectacular scenery as you cruise past the icebergs that have broken off the glacier and are now making their way down towards Nuuk. Some of them will make it the whole way and survive to see the city. Others will not.
If the ice conditions allow, you can be standing in front of the mighty Narsap Sermia glacier and marvel at its beautiful white and crystal blue face. Your captain will take you as close as possible while still keeping you safe, and you can sip on hot tea and coffee while you drink in the sight of one of Greenland’s many endangered glaciers.
Pack your warmest clothes, your camera, and your binoculars, and reserve your place on this extensive boat tour up the Nuuk Fjord by selecting your preferred date and clicking Book Now.
- English & Danish speaking captain and guide
- The tour is on a closed boat with a heated cabin, restroom on board, and safety equipment
- Life jackets
- Tea & coffee
- Food/snacks not included
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket and gloves, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera and spare batteries
- Drinking water and snacks
- Optional: binoculars
- Although this tour takes place on a closed boat, the best views are from the outer decks. Make sure you bring plenty of warm clothes (even in Summer) so you can enjoy from outside.
- The route is dependent on wind and weather conditions. To ensure the best experience, the scheduled highlights may need to be altered.
- You can order a sandwich or lunch plate in the booking process, or you may bring your own snacks/food.
- This tour has a minimum requirement of 2 passengers. If we do not reach this number of people on the day of your tour, we will cancel the tour and refund the paid price.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.
2 095 DKK