Nuuk Icefjord | Nuuk
Want to travel the entire length of the Nuuk Icefjord to witness the incredible Narsap Sermia glacier spilling down off the massive Greenland Icesheet? This tour is for you, who would like to experience the wonders of the Arctic from icebergs to massive glacier moraines.
By the colonial harbor in Nuuk, you will be welcome aboard our closed boat. Rug up and sit under the open sky or in the heated closed cabin, as your experienced captain sets a course that will take you past many of the impressive mountains that shape Nuuk Fjord.
Enjoy the spectacular scenery as you cruise past the icebergs that have broken off the glacier and are now making their way down towards Nuuk. Some of them will make it the whole way and survive to see the city. Others will not.
If the ice conditions allow, you can be standing in front of the mighty Narsap Sermia glacier and marvel at its beautiful white and crystal blue face. Your captain will take you as close as possible while still keeping you safe, and you can sip on hot tea and coffee while you drink in the sight of one of Greenland’s many endangered glaciers.
Pack your warmest clothes, your camera, and your binoculars, and reserve your place on this extensive boat tour up the Nuuk Fjord by selecting your preferred date and clicking Book Now.
- English speaking captain
- The tour is on a closed boat with a heated cabin, restroom, and safety equipment
- Life jackets
- Tea & coffee
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket and gloves, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera and spare batteries
- Drinking water and snacks
- Optional: binoculars
- Although this tour takes place on a closed boat, the best views are from the outer decks. Make sure you bring plenty of warm clothes (even in Summer) so you can enjoy from outside.
- The route is dependent on wind and weather conditions. To ensure the best experience, the scheduled highlights may need to be altered.
- You can order a sandwich or lunch plate in the booking process, or you may bring your own snacks/food.
- This tour has a minimum requirement of 2 passengers. If we do not reach this number of people on the day of your tour, we will cancel the tour and refund the paid price.
1 900 DKK