Private Glacier Cruise | Narsap Sermia Glacier | Nuuk
With this 7-hour private glacier cruise, you will be experiencing the incredible Nuuk Icefjord! This private cruise takes you all the way through the worlds second-largest fjord system, Nuuk Fjord to the spectacular fjord of the Narsap Sermia.
Nuuk Fjord is famous for its incredible size and highlights of Arctic wonders. On this tour, you can experience icebergs, waterfalls, glaciers and wildlife of all sizes.
Your tour starts by the Colonial Harbour, where you will be welcome on board our closed cabin boat. Once you are ready, we will be venturing into the massive fjord. The route of the tour depends on the wind, weather and ice conditions. But it is safe to say, that you will experience the pristine nature-landscapes of Nuuk fjord.
The spectacular scenery of ice is a must to see when visiting Nuuk. The countless icebergs of the fjord originate from the Narsap Sermia Glacier, and it is therefore not always possible to reach the glacier, due to the ice conditions. There is no guarantee that you will see the glacier, but we strive to take you and your co-travellers as close to the glacier, as safety allows.
Arriving in the fjord of icebergs is an adventure unlike any other, you will be cruising among icebergs of all sizes and shapes. The blue and white nuanced chunks of ice, create a picturesque landscape, contrasting the surrounding mountains.
Enjoy your own private tour to the Nuuk Icefjord by selecting your preferred departure date and clicking Book Now.
- 7 hours sailing
- 1 to 6 passengers
- English speaking captain
- The tour is in a closed boat with a heated cabin, restroom, and safety equipment
- Life jackets
- Tea & coffee
- Food/snacks are not included
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket and gloves, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera and spare batteries
- Drinking water and snacks
- Optional: binoculars
- This is a private tour for up to 6 passengers. You charter the whole boat
- Although this tour takes place on a closed boat, the best views are from the outer decks. Make sure you bring plenty of warm clothes (even in Summer) so you can enjoy from outside.
- You can order a sandwich or lunch plate in the booking process, or you may bring your own snacks/food.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.
11 000 DKK