Scenic Flight | Nuuk
Curious to see Nuuk and the incredible Nuuk Fjord system from the air? One of the most impressive ways to do so is to climb aboard a helicopter for a beautiful scenic flight above Greenland’s colourful capital.
Your experienced pilot will meet you at the airport and brief you and your fellow explorers on both safety protocols and the highlights you will see along the route. The pilots know the landscape like the back of their hand, and the flight plan is designed to ensure you experience the full majesty of the area.
Take-off is usually towards the north-east as you head straight for Nuuk’s iconic landmark – Sermitsiaq. Seeing this impressive mountain from all angles and being able to look further into the fjord to its neighbours, is an opportunity not to be missed!
From there you will fly over the city of Nuuk, with its colourful houses contrasting strongly with either a white winter landscape or the grey rocks and greens of a Greenlandic summer. Lastly, you will head towards the far end of Malene Bay where you will hover at eye-level with the peaks of the mountains: Ukkusissat (Store Malene) and Kingittorsuaq.
To experience Nuuk and its surroundings from the air is a magical experience. Pack your camera and reserve your seat by clicking on Book Now.
Ukkusissat | Store Malene
- Approx. 16-20 min. Flight time with the helicopter around Nuuk
What to bring
- Sunglasses (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Binoculars for spotting whales & details
- Please arrive at the airport terminal 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Please ignore the 'Terms of service' field above.
- The minimum participants for this helicopter flight is 3 persons. If there are fewer bookings than three the flight will be cancelled and you will receive a full refund.
- All cancellations must be made by e-mail to email@example.com and confirmed by the operator of the tour.
- We are obliged to charge cancellation fees to passenger(s) as follows:
- Less than 2 weeks and more than 72 hours – 10%
- Less than 72 hours and more than 24 hours – 50%
- Less than 24 hours – 100%
- With your safety in mind, we reserve the right to cancel a tour or change the itinerary due to weather conditions or any other factors beyond our control.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.