Closed boat Fjord Adventure | Nuuk
Explore one of the most spectacular parts of the world’s second-largest fjord system on this 2 hour Nuuk Fjord adventure.
Leaving from the Colonial Harbour in the historic area of Nuuk, we will pass a multitude of colorful houses lined up along the shores of the Fjord as we sail North towards the iconic mountain, Sermitsiaq. Your captain will be on the lookout for seals, whales, and other wildlife, and will plot a course to visit any large nearby icebergs en route.
Our adventure takes us around the back-side of Sermitsiaq where an enormous waterfall (frozen solid during the winter) cascades down from the mountain top, and tall mountains further in the fjord come into view. The shape of the mountain and the views of the fjord as we navigate all the way around Sermitsiaq Island change considerably, so make sure you bring spare batteries and plenty of space on your camera.
Although this tour will take place in a closed, heated boat, we encourage you to dress very warmly as you will want to spend as much time out on deck as possible. This is where you will have the best views. There will also be tea and coffee waiting inside if you need to warm up.
Reserve your place on this short exploration of one of the most spectacular parts of the Nuuk Fjord by selecting your date of travel and clicking Book Now.
- English speaking captain
- The tour is on a closed boat with a heated cabin, restroom, and safety equipment
- Life jackets
- Tea & coffee
- Food/snacks not included
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket and gloves, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera and spare batteries
- Drinking water
- Optional: binoculars
- Although this tour takes place on a closed boat, the best views are from the outer decks. Make sure you bring plenty of warm clothes (even in Summer) so you can enjoy from outside.
- The route is dependent on wind and weather conditions. To ensure the best experience, the scheduled highlights may need to be altered.
- You can order a sandwich in the booking process, or you may bring your own snacks/food.
- This tour has a minimum requirement of 2 passengers. If we do not reach this number of people on the day of your tour, we will cancel the tour and refund the paid price.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.