Closed boat fjord safari | Nuuk
Do you only have a few hours to get out on the water near Nuuk? Exploring the Nuuk Fjord is one of the “must do” activities while visiting Greenland’s capital, so don’t miss out with this ½-day trip that takes you around the iconic Sermitsiaq mountain.
Your experienced captain and wilderness guide will be waiting for you at the departure point to welcome you on board for your trip into the world’s second-biggest fjord system. You can sip on tea or coffee and enjoy the comfort of the heated cabin while watching the scenery slip past through large windows. Or rug up and head outside for unobstructed views of the incredible landscape around Nuuk.
Some of the most spectacular scenery of the Nuuk fjord can be found quite close to the city, and this 4-hour excursion will take you on a complete circuit around Sermitsiaq with views even further into the fjord. A highlight is seeing the enormous Sermitsiaq waterfall that cascades over the back of the mountain. Even when it is frozen solid during the winter, it is still an impressive sight!
Depending on the time of year, you may be lucky and see icebergs or whales during the journey. And, if time permits, you can even throw a couple of hand-lines for a bit of fishing!
Seeing the Colonial Harbor and the colorful houses of Nuuk from the water makes for the perfect end to your trip into the Nuuk Fjord, so reserve your place now by selecting your preferred date and clicking Book Now.
- Danish & English Speaking Guide
- Closed boat with heated cabin and restroom onboard
- Safety equipment
- Tea & Coffee
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Optional: Binoculars for spotting whales
- Whale season is between May and October (Not Guaranteed)
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people. If we do not have enough people, the tour will be cancelled and you will be fully refunded.
- Children younger than two years can join the tour for free.
- Make sure you bring warm clothes if you want to spend time out on the deck of the boat. It is always colder on the water, and the wind produced by the boat as we sail can be particularly chilly.