Closed boat fjord safari | Nuuk
Do you only have a few hours to get out on the water near Nuuk? Exploring the Nuuk Fjord is one of the “must do” activities while visiting Greenland’s capital, so don’t miss out with this 2 hours trip that takes you around the iconic Sermitsiaq mountain.
This tour is specially designed for Cruise ship passengers so the first tour will start 2 hours after the cruise ship docking and you will be back on time to get to the cruise ship.
Your experienced captain and wilderness guide will be waiting for you at the departure point to welcome you on board for your trip into the world’s second-biggest fjord system. You can sip on tea or coffee and enjoy the comfort of the heated cabin while watching the scenery slip past through large windows. Or rug up and head outside for unobstructed views of the incredible landscape around Nuuk.
Some of the most spectacular scenery of the Nuuk fjord can be found quite close to the city, and this 2-hour excursion will take you on an around Sermitsiaq with views even further into the fjord. A highlight is seeing the enormous Sermitsiaq waterfall that cascades over the back of the mountain. Even when it is frozen solid during the winter, it is still an impressive sight!
Depending on the time of year, you may be lucky and see icebergs or whales during the journey. And, if time permits, you can even throw a couple of hand-lines for a bit of fishing.
Seeing the Colonial Harbor and the colorful houses of Nuuk from the water makes for the perfect end to your trip into the Nuuk Fjord, so reserve your place now by selecting your preferred date and clicking Book Now.
- Danish & English Speaking Guide
- Closed boat with heated cabin
- Safety equipment
- Tea & Coffee
- Boat for 8 passengers
Please note: That time of your departure will probably change as we schedule a special timetable for every cruise ship.
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Optional: Binoculars for spotting whales
- Whale season is between May and October (Not Guaranteed)
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 people. If we do not have enough people, the tour will be canceled and you will be fully refunded.
- The departure place is a colonial harbor (between National and local museums). You could walk or get a taxi (+299 36 36 36)
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.