Qooqqut Nuan | Nuuk
Hop on board, to join this fish n' dish tour to Qooqqurt Nuan - Nuup Kangerlua’s most beautiful locations and most popular attractions. You will be dining in one of the worlds most secluded restaurant, catching your own dinner and experience the magical fjord landscapes of Nuuk fjord.
You will be departing from the Tidestairs, by the Atlantic harbour. Depending on the wind, waves and weather, sailing from Nuuk to Qooqqut take approximately 50 minutes. You will be heading into Nuuk fjord and towards Qooqqut. Just near Qooqqut, in Qooqqut fjord, there is a perfect place for fishing. Here you can fish for cod, arctic char and redfish. And while fishing, you can enjoy endless views of beautiful nature, where ever you look. Once you have gotten enough fish on the hooks, you deliver your freshly caught fish at the summer restaurant Qooqqut Nuan’. The skilled chefs will turn your fish into a delicious dinner.
The capital of Greenland lies in the mouth of Nuup Kangerlua, the fjord is the second largest fjord system in the world. Even though you’re only 1-hour boat ride away from the city’s bustle, you are isolated from civilisation by the fjords great mountains and beautiful nature! There are many different activities in the fjord all year round. In the summer berry picking is very popular and in the winter the Greenlandic people enjoy hunting, but one activity that is enjoyed all year round is fishing! Because of the rich waters, you are almost guaranteed to get a fish on the hook. You can tell that the Greenlanders loves to fish, and there is no doubt that you’ll enjoy it too!
You do not have to be experienced and you do not need any fishing equipment, the captain and the guide will take care of it! Reserve your place by selecting your preferred date and clicking on Book Now.
- Danish & English Speaking Guide
- Closed boat with heated cabin and restroom onboard
- Safety equipment
- Fishing equipment
- Restaurant meal excluding beverages
- Beverages are not included in the price
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Optional: Binoculars for spotting whales
- Whale season is between May and October (Not Guaranteed)
- This tour requires a minimum of 6 people. If we do not have enough people, the tour will be cancelled and you will be fully refunded.
- Children younger than two years can join the tour for free.
- It is approximately 400 meters from the dock to Qooqqut Nuan’ restaurant. If you have walking difficulties it is possible for you to be transferred by ATV.
- The restaurant only accepts cash or Dankort. No credit/debit cards are accepted
1 400 DKK