Snowshoe to the top of Lille Malene | Nuuk
Want to try snowshoeing for the first time? Or do you only have time for a short snowshoe hike into the countryside around Nuuk? Get a little exercise and enjoy the spectacular vista from on top of Quassussuaq (Lille Malene) on this half day excursion from the capital.
Snowshoeing to the top of Lille Malene is a favourite amongst locals as the ascent is not too steep but the views from the top are wonderful! The steady incline will give you a good workout but is doable for almost all ages, and you will often find cross-country skiers training for the infamous Arctic Circle Race here.
On the way up, your experienced wilderness guide will tell you all about the area and the landscape features you can see. There will be plenty of opportunities for taking photographs and the pace will be set to suit everyone in the group.
At the top, you will all pitch in to make a bench in the snow so that you can enjoy the views and a hot cup of tea or coffee with a little protection from the wind. It is a wonderful feeling to have a bird’s eye view of the spectacular Nuuk Fjord, knowing that you achieved it under your own leg power.
This snowshoeing experience can be done at any time during the day, but is especially beautiful around sunset when the last rays of the Sun illuminate the facing side of the iconic Sermitsiaq mountain.
Choose the date for your excursion to reserve you place now, and send us a message asking us for our recommended departure time.
- Experienced guide
- Hiking Poles
- Coffee & Tea
What to bring
- Day backpack
- Waterproof / Windproof Jacket & Pants
- Warm clothing preferably worn in layers
- Warm hat and buff / scarf to cover ears and head
- Warm gloves (mittens recommended)
- Ski goggles, Sunglasses
- Suncream and lip balm
- Water and snacks
- Previous experience with snowshoes is not necessary.
- For this excursion, you need to be able to hike up a steady incline for around 1 hour and 30 minutes. The altitude gain is between 300 and 400 meters.
- Minimum 2 participants. Maximum group size is 8.