Stand up paddleboard with Whales or by Sermitsiaq waterfall | Nuuk
Ups looks like this experience is no longer available. Please find other tours in Nuuk here!
We go for the great breathtaking experiences on a late afternoon or evening tour. Exchange the sofa or your saily training after work with paddling in some of the world's most stunning sceneries looking for the whales! No previous experience necessary!
We start our adventure with an introduction to equipment and dressing up. All gear up we sail out of the city heading to Nuuk fjord. Our main aim is to find whales and enjoy an unforgettable experience stand up paddleboarding (SUP) with these gentle giants. Enjoy your sailing tour and help your guide to spotting whales. When we find the whales your guide will stop the boat and you will get ready to test your balance on the paddleboard. Don't worry your guide will help you and give useful advice on how to quickly learn paddle boarding!
Once on the boards, we will paddle with whales in stunning surroundings. You don't need to be afraid of the whales, even so, they are big they are very gentle animals. It is an extraordinary experience being so close to nature and enjoying the beautiful views of mountains and whales. That's an experience you will never forget!
Nature is unpredictable therefore, we cannot guarantee that we will find whales. However, if we are not so lucky and we cannot find whales we will head to Sermitsiaq waterfall and had fun while paddleboarding next to the iconic mountain!
Reserve your place on this unique stand up paddleboarding experience by selecting your date of travel and clicking on Book Now.
Note: there is no age minimum. However, participants must be taller than 125cm due to the sizes of drysuits available. It is not possible to do this excursion without a drysuit.
Kayaking & SUP
- Rental of drysuit, neoprene shoes, mittens and lifejacket
- Rental of Stand up Paddleboard
- Boat shuttle
- Instruction in being comfortable and safe on a board and how to approach whales
- Rental of radio and instructions
- Experience Guide
- Pictures of the tour taking by guide
What to bring
- Warm socks
- Sunglasses (with a strap is recommended)
- In cold conditions thin wollen gloves to wear under the neoprene mittens
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Light changing clothes (optional)
- This paddleboarding activity is done at your own risk and insurance. Before you leave the boat, we will get you to sign a waiver that states you understand this important issue and that you have appropriate insurance coverage.
- While there is no age limit, there is a minimum height limit of 125cm. This is because this is the size of the smallest drysuit. It is not possible to do the activity without a drysuit.
- If you are bringing a camera while paddleboarding, make sure it is waterproof (or contained in a waterproof housing) and attached to you firmly.
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".
Boat Trip among the Icebergs | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 795 DKK
Day TourFlexible departures
Greenland Icecap expedition | Point 660 | KangerlussuaqFrom 1 275 DKK
Stand Up Paddleboarding amongst the Icebergs | Nuuk | West GreenlandFrom 1 950 DKK
Northern Lights Tour | Nuuk | West GreenlandFrom 495 DKK