Stand up paddleboard with Whales or by Sermitsiaq waterfall | Nuuk
We go for the great breathtaking experiences on a late afternoon or evening tour. Exchange the sofa or your saily training after work with paddling in some of the world's most stunning sceneries looking for the whales! No previous experience necessary!
We start our adventure with an introduction to equipment and dressing up. All gear up we sail out of the city heading to Nuuk fjord. Our main aim is to find whales and enjoy an unforgettable experience stand up paddleboarding (SUP) with these gentle giants. Enjoy your sailing tour and help your guide to spotting whales. When we find the whales your guide will stop the boat and you will get ready to test your balance on the paddleboard. Don't worry your guide will help you and give useful advice on how to quickly learn paddle boarding!
Once on the boards, we will paddle with whales in stunning surroundings. You don't need to be afraid of the whales, even so, they are big they are very gentle animals. It is an extraordinary experience being so close to nature and enjoying the beautiful views of mountains and whales. That's an experience you will never forget!
Nature is unpredictable therefore, we cannot guarantee that we will find whales. However, if we are not so lucky and we cannot find whales we will head to Sermitsiaq waterfall and had fun while paddleboarding next to the iconic mountain!
Reserve your place on this unique stand up paddleboarding experience by selecting your date of travel and clicking on Book Now.
Note: there is no age minimum. However, participants must be taller than 125cm due to the sizes of drysuits available. It is not possible to do this excursion without a drysuit.
Kayaking & SUP
- Rental of drysuit, neoprene shoes, mittens and lifejacket
- Rental of Stand up Paddleboard
- Boat shuttle
- Instruction in being comfortable and safe on a board and how to approach whales
- Rental of radio and instructions
- Experience Guide
- Pictures of the tour taking by guide
What to bring
- Warm socks
- Sunglasses (with a strap is recommended)
- In cold conditions thin wollen gloves to wear under the neoprene mittens
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Light changing clothes (optional)
- This paddleboarding activity is done at your own risk and insurance. Before you leave the boat, we will get you to sign a waiver that states you understand this important issue and that you have appropriate insurance coverage.
- While there is no age limit, there is a minimum height limit of 125cm. This is because this is the size of the smallest drysuit. It is not possible to do the activity without a drysuit.
- If you are bringing a camera while paddleboarding, make sure it is waterproof (or contained in a waterproof housing) and attached to you firmly.
2 Day Hiking and Kayaking Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 4 950 DKK
2 Hours of Dogsledding | IlulissatFrom 1 495 DKK
3 Day Glacier Adventure | KangerlussuaqFrom 7 995 DKK
Vacation PackageIncluding flights from Iceland
3 days Ilulissat Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 21 500 DKK