Wildlife Hiking Safari | Kangerlussuaq
Join a hike into the vast and breathtaking landscape of Kangerlussuaq. As the rugged terrain homes the arctic wildlife, you don’t have to venture for long to spot or hear the many animals wandering the desert valleys and hillsides. Much in Greenland is worth exploring, but for wildlife it does not get better than this.
Greenland covers an area of 2.184.700, making it the world biggest island. Approximately 8.000 square kilometers of that land, is Kangerlussuaq. The place of a massive size is a wonderland for every explorer. For hiking enthusiasts, this is the perfect playground not only to conquer mountain tops, but also to witness the arctic animals living in their natural habitat. We promise the breathtaking landscapes becomes even more magnificent when encountering wildlife.
Scout for the birds above you and see if you can spot the great white tailed eagle, a huge bird that has a wingspan up to a little over 2 meters. Seeing this beauty gliding above you is a mesmerizing sight. On ground, you will come across arctic rabbits, foxes, and the larger mammal’s of caribou and musk ox. Many travel to Kangerlussuaq to witness the majestic musk ox, that thrives in these parts of Greenland. These giants can weigh up to 400 kilos and can be witnessed from a good distance, they are not dangerous. But these massive mammals will charge, if they feel threatened or you have entered their territory. Rest assured, this will not be a problem as you will be joined by an experienced guide who knows the signals and whereabouts of the musk ox.
Select your preferred date and click on Book Now.
- Coffee & tea
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots) for summer, insulated boots for winter
- Sunglasses, sun screen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes - Summer)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Optional: binoculars
Our tours are fully flexible and utilise a 4x4 four-wheel-drive with room for a maximum of 4 passengers.
The departure of this tour is guaranteed, even for one person.
Please select a time for pick-up, even if you're flexible all day
From June - August, it is critical that you bring a mosquito net as Kangerlussuaq is a paradise for mosquitos.
1 500 DKK
3 Day Glacier Adventure | KangerlussuaqFrom 7 995 DKK
4 hour Dog Sledding Tour | Kangerlussuaq | West GreenlandFrom 2 650 DKK
Camp on the Greenland ice sheet | Kangerlussuaq | West GreenlandFrom 2 950 DKK
Multi-day TourGroup Pricing
Dog sledding expedition | Kangerlussuaq to Sisimiut | West GreenlandFrom 16 975 DKK