Winter kayaking tour | Sisimiut
Kayaking was invented in the Arctic and is a must-do experience when you come here!
Witness the beautiful city of Sisimiut from the seaside, and immerse yourself into our traditions while gliding along the waterfront.
This is a 3-hour tour for people at any skill level, we'll meet up at the kayak center which is right next to the local kayak club, the address is Umiarsualivimmut 2, and you just go up to the second floor.
Here you'll be dressed from head to toe with the necessary equipment to paddle in the Arctic waters, and then we'll head down to the kayak club to talk about the kayaks history here in Sisimiut as well as a brief introduction to kayaking.
From here we'll put the kayaks in the water and do a few paddle exercises before moving further out. The view is incredible, especially during the winter when the colourful houses really stand out against the snow. We’ll spend about 2 hours in the water at a pace that suits everyone in the group, before heading back to the Qajaq club.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn a little more about our culture and traditions mixed with a fun ocean ride along the colorful coastline of Sisimiut! Select your date of travel and click Book Now to reserve a seat on our kayaks!
Kayaking & SUP
- Shoes for wearing outside the wetsuit
- A hood
- One thermalayer
What to bring
- Warm upper layer (synthetic or wool)
- Warm lower layer (synthetic or wool)
- Warm socks (synthetic or wool)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Something to waterproof your camera if you wish to bring it
- NOTE: This is NOT a tour with traditional kayaks as suggested in the pictures, this is a tour with modern 2-man or single Sea kayaks, they are extremely stable and easy to use. We will update the pictures as soon as possible.
- We do not have an age restriction, but all children need to be accompanied by an adult and be at least 1,5 meters tall to use the kayaks.
- Should personal belongings be damaged or lost on the excursion it is at one’s own expense or insurance. We, therefore, recommend that you write insurance that covers these cases before leaving your native country.
- We will need you to sign a waiver before going on the tour.
1 345 DKK
5-Days Above The Arctic Circle | Sisimiut | West GreenlandFrom 9 461 DKK
Assaqutaq Trail Transfer | SisimiutFrom 600 DKK
Best of winter in Greenland | 5 Days in Sisimiut, West GreenlandFrom 6 211 DKK
Day TourGroup Pricing
Cod Fishing & Snow Crabs | SisimiutFrom 3 500 DKK