Winter kayaking tour | Sisimiut
Ups it looks like this tour is no longer available , please find tours in Sisimiut here.
Kayaking was invented in the Arctic and is a must-do experience when you come here!
Witness the beautiful city of Sisimiut from the seaside, and immerse yourself into our traditions while gliding along the waterfront.
This is a 3-hour tour for people at any skill level, we'll meet up at the kayak center which is right next to the local kayak club, the address is Umiarsualivimmut 2, and you just go up to the second floor.
Here you'll be dressed from head to toe with the necessary equipment to paddle in the Arctic waters, and then we'll head down to the kayak club to talk about the kayaks history here in Sisimiut as well as a brief introduction to kayaking.
From here we'll put the kayaks in the water and do a few paddle exercises before moving further out. The view is incredible, especially during the winter when the colourful houses really stand out against the snow. We’ll spend about 2 hours in the water at a pace that suits everyone in the group, before heading back to the Qajaq club.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn a little more about our culture and traditions mixed with a fun ocean ride along the colorful coastline of Sisimiut! Select your date of travel and click Book Now to reserve a seat on our kayaks!
Kayaking & SUP
- Shoes for wearing outside the wetsuit
- A hood
- One thermalayer
What to bring
- Warm upper layer (synthetic or wool)
- Warm lower layer (synthetic or wool)
- Warm socks (synthetic or wool)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Something to waterproof your camera if you wish to bring it
- NOTE: This is NOT a tour with traditional kayaks as suggested in the pictures, this is a tour with modern 2-man or single Sea kayaks, they are extremely stable and easy to use. We will update the pictures as soon as possible.
- We do not have an age restriction, but all children need to be accompanied by an adult and be at least 1,5 meters tall to use the kayaks.
- Should personal belongings be damaged or lost on the excursion it is at one’s own expense or insurance. We, therefore, recommend that you write insurance that covers these cases before leaving your native country.
- We will need you to sign a waiver before going on the tour.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.
1 345 DKK
There are no reviews yet.