4 hour Dog Sledding Tour | Kangerlussuaq | West Greenland
Get the ultimate Greenlandic experience and find your inner explorer by going on this amazing sleddog tour into the vast wilderness!
You will quickly learn why this traditional way of transport has existed for so long, and you'll gain new respect for dogs, seeing their importance for the survival of man in the Arctic.
Here in Kangerlussuaq you will get a unique opportunity to venture fast across flat frozen plains, much more comfortable than going up and down hills as you would most other places. The weather here can go far below freezing so we will provide you with the type of outerwear and boots that the experienced mushers prefer to wear. Dog sledding is, no doubt, a classic way to experience Arctic nature, but what the unsuspecting visitor does not know, and what is unique about dog sledding in Greenland, is that a heavy dose of Inuit culture comes along for the ride. Dog sledding helps tell the story of how Greenlanders adapt to the robust environment that surrounds them. Contrary to other Arctic locations, dog sledding in Greenland is a way of life, by choice if not by necessity. Living in and off of the nature is central to Greenlandic identity, and therefore when you are close to the nature, you are also close to the Greenlandic culture.Reserve his unforgettable experience now by pressing Book Now!
- 4 hours dogsledding tour with a local musher
- Extra warm outerwear and boots
- briefing and transportation to the departure point (1 hour)
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Water bottle
- Day pack
- It will take 5 hours to participate in this tour, including briefing and transportation to the departure point. The duration for the dogsledding is 4 hours.
- One sled is shared by three.
- On the sled, it is important not to hold the sides of the sled, but instead hold the ropes in the middle.
- You should never approach the dogs without the owner's permission. When going on a dog sled tour, make sure you have looked at the weather forecast for the day, and dress warmly.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.
2 750 DKK
On requestFully Booked!
Greenland Icecap expedition | Point 660 | KangerlussuaqFrom 2 300 DKK
Point 660 Greenland Ice sheet tour | KangerlussuaqFrom 850 DKK
Full day adventure on Greenland Ice sheet | Kangerlussuaq | West GreenlandFrom 1 195 DKK
On requestFully Booked!
The Great Russell Glacier | KangerlussuaqFrom 1 500 DKK