4 hour Dog Sledding Tour | Kangerlussuaq | West Greenland
Get the ultimate Greenlandic experience and find your inner explorer by going on this amazing sleddog tour into the vast wilderness!
You will quickly learn why this traditional way of transport has existed for so long, and you'll gain new respect for dogs, seeing their importance for the survival of man in the Arctic.
Here in Kangerlussuaq you will get a unique opportunity to venture fast across flat frozen plains, much more comfortable than going up and down hills as you would most other places. The weather here can go far below freezing so we will provide you with the type of outerwear and boots that the experienced mushers prefer to wear. Dog sledding is, no doubt, a classic way to experience Arctic nature, but what the unsuspecting visitor does not know, and what is unique about dog sledding in Greenland, is that a heavy dose of Inuit culture comes along for the ride. Dog sledding helps tell the story of how Greenlanders adapt to the robust environment that surrounds them. Contrary to other Arctic locations, dog sledding in Greenland is a way of life, by choice if not by necessity. Living in and off of the nature is central to Greenlandic identity, and therefore when you are close to the nature, you are also close to the Greenlandic culture.Reserve his unforgettable experience now by pressing Book Now!
- 4 hours dogsledding tour with a local musher
- Extra warm outerwear and boots
- briefing and transportation to the departure point (1 hour)
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Water bottle
- Day pack
- It will take 5 hours to participate in this tour, including briefing and transportation to the departure point. The duration for the dogsledding is 4 hours.
- One sled is shared by three.
- On the sled, it is important not to hold the sides of the sled, but instead hold the ropes in the middle.
- You should never approach the dogs without the owner's permission. When going on a dog sled tour, make sure you have looked at the weather forecast for the day, and dress warmly.
2 650 DKK
3 Day Glacier Adventure | KangerlussuaqFrom 7 995 DKK
4 hour Dog Sledding Tour | Kangerlussuaq | West GreenlandFrom 2 650 DKK
Camp on the Greenland ice sheet | Kangerlussuaq | West GreenlandFrom 2 950 DKK
Multi-day TourGroup Pricing
Dog sledding expedition | Kangerlussuaq to Sisimiut | West GreenlandFrom 16 975 DKK