Abandoned settlement visit | Private Charter | Qasigiannguit | Disko Bay
Go on an exploration adventure by boat to the abandoned settlement of Akulliit!
The settlement was founded in 1856, and was then abandoned in 1963, but the citizens of Qasigiannguit still hold the place dear in their hearts. In 2006 they even had a great party there to celebrate its 150th year anniversary even though it was abandoned long ago. The eerie atmosphere gives quite a thrill as you explore the old houses, and the guide can tell lots of ghost stories and myths to make it even more exciting to wander among the colourful former homes.
On the way to the settlement there are chances of spotting all kinds of sea mammals, especially seals, which Qasigiannguit is well known for. Its name actually means the small spotted seals!
There is plenty of tea and coffee to warm you up after your chilling experience of exploring this once, great settlement, so what are you waiting for? Go reserve your place by clicking on Book Now.
- Tea & coffee
- Local Captain
- Up to 7 passengers
• Food & refreshments
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather) Day Pack
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Food & snacks
- The price includes 7-10 passengers. The closed cabin boat can have up to 7 passengers, while the open boat can have up to 10 passengers. It is always a good idea to dress in layers so you can regulate according to the weather.
- The trip is about 45 min with a boat to the settlement
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".
3 800 DKK
Day TourIncludes 7 to 10 passengers!
Abandoned settlement visit | Private Charter | Qasigiannguit | Disko BayFrom 3 800 DKK
Day TourIncludes 7 to 10 passengers!
Archaeological sailing | Private Charter | Qasigiannguit | Disko BayFrom 5 000 DKK
Day TourPay by the hour | 1 to 7 passengers Included
Boat charter | Closed Boat | Qasigiannguit | Disko BayFrom 2 400 DKK
Day Tour1-10 people included
Boat charter | Open Boat | Qasigiannguit | Disko BayFrom 1 600 DKK