Barbecuing in Qoornoq | Nuuk | West Greenland
Come along on this adventure to explore the abandoned settlement of Qoornoq! Bring your friends, family, and steaks to our lovely blue cabin in the settlement of Qoornoq!
We will sail past Sermitsiaq and venture into Nuuk Fjord. Enjoy the still water of the fjord and scout for the many sea creatures, playing hide and seek between the waves.
When arriving in Qoornoq, you and your co-explorers will settle into our charming blue cabin, that will be your base for the day. A charming little blue house, with facilities for barbecuing and preparing an evening feast with your home, brought steaks, sausages and whatever your heart desire.
What to do in Qoornoq
The Qoornoq peninsula offers endless possibilities for exploring. Qoornoq was last inhabited in the ’70s and the traces of the former inhabitants are still visible.
Today the locals of Nuuk resides the abandoned settlement during the summertime, so hit up a local for chitchat, attend a ceremony in the newly restored church or enjoy the peacefulness that dominates the Qoornoq peninsula. It is also possible to walk in the ancient footsteps of the Inuit and the Norse settlers, as their ruins are scattered across the peninsula.
After a day of exploring Qoornoq, lit up the grill in the garden of the little blue house. Put some steaks on the grill, and enjoy the mesmerizing view of blue and white nuanced icebergs drifting out from the Nuuk ice fjord.
Bring your friends and family and pack a steak or two, for this spectacular adventure! Select your preferred date and click Book Now to reserve your place.
- Survival Suit
- Safety Vest
- 3 Hours Of Sailing
- 3 Hours On Land
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- This is an open yawl, with no cabin. It is highly recommended to bring warm clothes, as you are exposed to winder and water. The attire of the day is a rented survival suit included in the price.
- The departure time for this tour is flexible. However, if your booking does not meet the minimum number of passengers required for the tour to run, we may need to move your chosen departure time to match you up with the next possible tour. In this case, we will contact you by email to verify that the change is OK.
- The minimum requirement is 3 passengers.