Chasing the Northern Lights | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
Fulfill the dream of experiencing the magical northern lights when you visit Ilulissat.
We will pick you up from your hotel and spend the evening chasing the best views of the magnificent Aurora Borealis in the darkest sites around town. This adventure will take you to the outskirts of Ilulissat where your guide will explain how storms on the Sun cause these lights in our atmosphere, while you watch them dancing above. There are Northern Lights almost every night in this part of Greenland, so you have a very good chance of seeing them during your stay.
Although your guide can help you with tips for photographing the lights, we encourage you to sit back with the included hot tea or coffee, and drink in the spectacle live. There is nothing quite like watching the ribbons and curtains of light flowing silently across the backdrop of crystal stars.
Away from the light pollution of the city, Winter’s Arctic light-show is at its most spectacular, so book your front row seat by selecting your date of travel and clicking Book Now.
Note: we use scientific predictions to determine the likelihood of the Northern Lights appearing during your tour. If it does not look good, we will let you know about an hour before the tour starts and reschedule for another night. If they do not appear at all during your stay in Ilulissat, we will refund your payment.
- Transfer to and from Hotel Arctic, Hotel Hvide Falk, Hotel Icefjord, Hotel Avannaa, or Kussangajaannguaq 7.
- Coffee & Tea
- 2 hour guided tour
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Insulated winter boots
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- This is a winter tour at night, so please make sure you dress as warm as possible.
2 Day Hiking and Kayaking Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 4 950 DKK
2 Hours of Dogsledding | IlulissatFrom 1 495 DKK
Vacation PackageIncluding flights from Iceland
3 days Ilulissat Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 21 500 DKK
Vacation PackageBook now
5 Day Ilulissat Explorer | Disko BayFrom 25 600 DKK