Greenland Icecap expedition | Point 660 | Kangerlussuaq
Come along to the beautiful Point 660, a place recently uncovered by ice and seen by few. At Point 660 you will find the most scenic view imaginable of the Icecap slowly descending into the colorful newly ice-free tundra. This is a tour, for you who would like to explore the Greenland Icecap with your eyes, feet, and curiosity!
Your adventure starts with you and your fellow explorers traveling along the remote dirt road out of Kangerlussuaq. Kangerlussuaq is situated inland along a long fiord and therefore has a climate unique from the rest Greenland.
Enroute to Point 660 you might be lucky to spot one of the many wildlife from the car. When you and your fellow explorers arrive at Point 660, breathe in the fresh air and gaze upon the enchanting and mythical Greenland Icecap, that ranges as far as the eye can see. The dirt road goes right up to the vast and majestic inland ice, giving you an excellent chance to explore it with your feet on the ice.You can also add other attractions to this tour in the booking process.
This is a once in a lifetime experience, that does not present itself many other places in Greenland. So select your preferred date and click Book Now.
- Coffee & tea
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots) for summer, insulated boots for winter
- Sunglasses, sun screen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes - Summer)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Optional: binoculars
Our tours are fully flexible and utilise a 4x4 four-wheel-drive with room for a maximum of 4 passengers.
The departure of this tour is guaranteed, even for one person.
Please select a time for pick-up, even if you're flexible all day
From June - August, it is critical that you bring a mosquito net as Kangerlussuaq is a paradise for mosquitos.
We recommend combining this tour with a visit to the Russell Glacier as they are in the same direction. The combined tour takes 5-6 hours. The Russell Glacier is where you can see a giant ice wall, and at Point 660 you can actually walk on the ice sheet and get on a vantage point to see the vastness of the ice, no equipment needed.
1 275 DKK
3 Day Glacier Adventure | KangerlussuaqFrom 7 995 DKK
4 hour Dog Sledding Tour | Kangerlussuaq | West GreenlandFrom 2 650 DKK
Camp on the Greenland ice sheet | Kangerlussuaq | West GreenlandFrom 2 950 DKK
Multi-day TourGroup Pricing
Dog sledding expedition | Kangerlussuaq to Sisimiut | West GreenlandFrom 16 975 DKK