Dog Sled Expedition | Tasiilaq | East Greenland
Get the full arctic experience with this dogsled trip! A trip on 4-5 hours taking you across Tasiilaq Fjord, a beautiful snow-covered paradise.
You will be taking off from the north side of Tasiilaq town. Feel the snow crunch under your boots as you walk towards the dogsled, and get comfortable. As we set off, you will experience how the musher controls the dogs to workæ
You will have the honour to experience the special bond between the musher and his dogs, as you join them on this unforgettable journey to the Coffeehouse, three huts in the middle of nowhere. The huts were constructed for hunters to stay in overnight, in case of bad weather or exhaustion. To this day - the huts are still in use.
The huts are situated between the small villages of Tiniteqilaaq and Ukiverajik, a popular recreational area used by the East Greenlandic locals.
Tasiilaq Fjord is an untouched landscape, a paradise with only traces of snowmobiles, cross country skiers and if you are lucky, animal tracks. Astonishing scenery for photographers experienced and less experienced, a wonderland for you to enjoy. Plenty of breaks will be arranged allowing you to take pictures of the mesmerizing winter landscape.
We will spend some time by the huts, before returning to Tasiilaq.
To witness the unbreakable bond between a musher and his dogs, select your departure day and click Book Now.
- Experienced dogsled musher
- Warm beverages
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Insulated winter boots
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- When traveling in Greenland, it is always good to check the weather forecast before going on a trip. Please note this trip is not a good choice if you have back issues or other physical pain, due to the terrain. It might get bumpy and require you to walk beside the sled.
1 600 DKK
5 Day Greenland Highlights Tour | East GreenlandFrom 13 000 DKK
Boat tour among icebergs | Tasiilaq | East GreenlandFrom 800 DKK
Boat Transfer between Kulusuk and Tasiilaq | East GreenlandFrom 825 DKK
City tour and hike to the flower valley | Tasiilaq | East GreenlandFrom 620 DKK