Dog Sled Expedition | Tasiilaq | East Greenland
Get the full arctic experience with this dogsled trip! A trip on 4-5 hours taking you across Tasiilaq Fjord, a beautiful snow-covered paradise.
You will be taking off from the north side of Tasiilaq town. Feel the snow crunch under your boots as you walk towards the dogsled, and get comfortable. As we set off, you will experience how the musher controls the dogs to workæ
You will have the honour to experience the special bond between the musher and his dogs, as you join them on this unforgettable journey to the Coffeehouse, three huts in the middle of nowhere. The huts were constructed for hunters to stay in overnight, in case of bad weather or exhaustion. To this day - the huts are still in use.
The huts are situated between the small villages of Tiniteqilaaq and Ukiverajik, a popular recreational area used by the East Greenlandic locals.
Tasiilaq Fjord is an untouched landscape, a paradise with only traces of snowmobiles, cross country skiers and if you are lucky, animal tracks. Astonishing scenery for photographers experienced and less experienced, a wonderland for you to enjoy. Plenty of breaks will be arranged allowing you to take pictures of the mesmerizing winter landscape.
We will spend some time by the huts, before returning to Tasiilaq.
To witness the unbreakable bond between a musher and his dogs, select your departure day and click Book Now.
- 5 hours dogsledding tour
- Experienced dogsled musher
- Warm beverages
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Insulated winter boots
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- When traveling in Greenland, it is always good to check the weather forecast before going on a trip. Please note this trip is not a good choice if you have back issues or other physical pain, due to the terrain. It might get bumpy and require you to walk beside the sled.
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".
1 700 DKK
Boat Transfer between Kulusuk and Tasiilaq | East GreenlandFrom 825 DKK
Multi-day TourConfirmed departure 2022!
East Greenland Photo Exploration | TasiilaqFrom 12 500 DKK
Day TourVIP tour for 4 people!
Helicopter and Ice cave tour | East GreenlandFrom 27 300 DKK
Dog Sled Expedition | Tasiilaq | East GreenlandFrom 1 700 DKK