Dog Sled Express | Tasiilaq | East Greenland
Join this dogsledding trip for an introduction to the East Greenlandic Nature. This is the perfect tour for understanding the vast and demanding Arctic nature, as you will travel by dogsled to the unimaginable beautiful Qorlortoq Lake!
Your tour starts in Tasiilaq, where you will be met by a local musher and his hardworking dogs. After a short introduction to what dogs are safe to pet, the musher will show where and how to sit on the sled and take-off.
Wherever you look, you will be surrounded by endless miles of Arctic tundra and stunning views of ice and snow-covered mountains. You will be travelling north of Tasiilaq, along Tasiilaq fjord. Tasiilaq fjord offers picturesque landscapes, with only beauty and traces of cross-country skiers, snowmobiles and animal tracks. This is an experience, you would not like to be without - to experience the nature of Ammasalik Island, is a must.
En route, you will have the chance to take pictures of the winter landscape. After having completed 8 kilometres of dogsledding, you have reached the final destination of the day - Qorlortoq lake.
Ready for a quick fix of Greenlandic culture and nature? Then go ahead, select your departure date and click Book Now to reserve your place.
- Experienced dogsled musher
- Warm Beverages
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Insulated winter boots
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- When traveling in Greenland, it is always good to check the weather forecast before going on a trip.
- Please note this trip is not a good choice if you have back issues or other physical pain, due to the terrain. It might get bumpy and require you to walk beside the sled.
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".
1 000 DKK
5 Day Greenland Highlights Tour | East GreenlandFrom 13 000 DKK
Boat tour among icebergs | Tasiilaq | East GreenlandFrom 800 DKK
Boat Transfer between Kulusuk and Tasiilaq | East GreenlandFrom 825 DKK
City tour and hike to the flower valley | Tasiilaq | East GreenlandFrom 620 DKK