Kayaking tour from Tasiilaq | East Greenland
Join our local guide on a tour out into the fjord and get close to the icebergs without the slightest sounds of an engine.
Kayaking is of a huge cultural significance, and you have come to its place of origin, where you can experience what it was like to be a hunter in Greenland before the Europeans came with their large wooden vessels.
There are icebergs floating by just outside of Tasiilaq and we will go kayak amongst them for 2-3 hours. You do not need any former experience to join this tour as we will take it nice and easy and just enjoy the peacefulness of the ocean.
Of the few sounds you will hear, one might be the melting of the icebergs themselves, and being so close to the waters’ surface, it feels surreal to be surrounded by these white ice sculptures. Feel the fresh Arctic breeze in your hair and glide along the cool waters as the sun starts to set, showering the horizon in wonderful colours.
Experience this old-age way of life and explore the icy waters of Tasiilaq now! Just click on ‘Book Now’ and find a day that suits you
Kayaking & SUP
• Local Guide
• Double Sea Kayak & Paddle
• Life Vests
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- The departure time for this tour is flexible. However, if your booking does not meet the minimum number of passengers required for the tour to run, we may need to move your chosen departure time to match you up with the next possible tour. In this case, we will contact you by email to verify the change of time.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.
Boat Transfer between Kulusuk and Tasiilaq | East GreenlandFrom 850 DKK
East Greenland Photo Exploration | TasiilaqFrom 12 500 DKK
Sailing to Karale & Knud Rasmussen Glacier | Tasiilaq | East GreenlandFrom 1 600 DKK
Sailing to Tiniteqilaaq and the Sermilik Icefjord | Tasiilaq | East GreenlandFrom 1 600 DKK
There are no reviews yet.