Kayaking tour from Tasiilaq | East Greenland
Join our local guide on a tour out into the fjord and get close to the icebergs without the slightest sounds of an engine.
Kayaking is of a huge cultural significance, and you have come to its place of origin, where you can experience what it was like to be a hunter in Greenland before the Europeans came with their large wooden vessels.
There are icebergs floating by just outside of Tasiilaq and we will go kayak amongst them for 2-3 hours. You do not need any former experience to join this tour as we will take it nice and easy and just enjoy the peacefulness of the ocean.
Of the few sounds you will hear, one might be the melting of the icebergs themselves, and being so close to the waters’ surface, it feels surreal to be surrounded by these white ice sculptures. Feel the fresh Arctic breeze in your hair and glide along the cool waters as the sun starts to set, showering the horizon in wonderful colours.
Experience this old-age way of life and explore the icy waters of Tasiilaq now! Just click on ‘Book Now’ and find a day that suits you
Kayaking & SUP
• Local Guide
• Double Sea Kayak & Paddle
• Life Vests
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- The departure time for this tour is flexible. However, if your booking does not meet the minimum number of passengers required for the tour to run, we may need to move your chosen departure time to match you up with the next possible tour. In this case, we will contact you by email to verify the change of time.
Sermermiut Settlement Walk | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 395 DKK
Day Tour1-12 people included
Boat charter | Nuuk | West GreenlandFrom 4 200 DKK
Assaqutaq Trail Transfer | SisimiutFrom 600 DKK
Multi-day TourWith professional photographer
Arctic Photography Expedition to Scoresby Sound | East GreenlandFrom 60 000 DKK