Dogsledding - 2 hours | Uummannaq | North Greenland
Experience the thrill of sledding through the sea ice with the help of a pack of enthusiastic Greenlandic dogs.
Dogsledding used to be an essential ingredient to life itself in Greenland, now, modern machines have gained traction and the number of hunters and fishermen using dogs is slowly dropping. However, having sleddogs is finding new life in leisure and tourism, leaving us with a positive outlook on the future. For 2 hours you will be journeying with a local fisherman, who will show you the majestic landscape, possibly even circling around larger icebergs, that stand out as vertical blocks of ice on the otherwise even sea ice. The musher will tell you about his favorite fishing spots and teach you what the sled and the dogs are capable of. It's an astonishing and immersive experience into the very foundations of Greenlandic culture and nature.
Anywhere you look will have breathtaking views and the fresh breeze will make you feel more alive than ever. This is what truly qualifies as an unforgettable Arctic experience, that you'll leave with some incredible photos.
Ready to discover the winter wonderland of Uummanaq by dogsled? Select your preferred date and click Book Now to reserve your place.
- Experienced Dogsled Musher
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Insulated winter boots
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- It is possible to rent winter clothing, as it can get very cold. To rent winter clothing please write firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We do not recommend people with any back issues to go on this tour as there occasionally can be some hard bumps.
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".
1 500 DKK
Day Tour1 - 6 passengers included
Private Full Day Adventure | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 14 200 DKK
Day Tour1 to 6 passengers included
Private Midnight Sun Tour | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 5 450 DKK
Day Tour1 to 6 passengers included
Explore the Cultural site of Qilakitsoq | Private tour | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 1 850 DKK
City walk | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 300 DKK