Dogsledding - 2 hours | Uummannaq | North Greenland
Experience the thrill of sledding through the sea ice with the help of a pack of enthusiastic Greenlandic dogs.
Dogsledding used to be an essential ingredient to life itself in Greenland, now, modern machines have gained traction and the number of hunters and fishermen using dogs is slowly dropping. However, having sleddogs is finding new life in leisure and tourism, leaving us with a positive outlook on the future. For 2 hours you will be journeying with a local fisherman, who will show you the majestic landscape, possibly even circling around larger icebergs, that stand out as vertical blocks of ice on the otherwise even sea ice. The musher will tell you about his favorite fishing spots and teach you what the sled and the dogs are capable of. It's an astonishing and immersive experience into the very foundations of Greenlandic culture and nature.
Anywhere you look will have breathtaking views and the fresh breeze will make you feel more alive than ever. This is what truly qualifies as an unforgettable Arctic experience, that you'll leave with some incredible photos.
Ready to discover the winter wonderland of Uummanaq by dogsled? Select your preferred date and click Book Now to reserve your place.
- Experienced Dogsled Musher
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Insulated winter boots
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- It is possible to rent winter clothing, as it can get very cold. To rent winter clothing please write firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We do not recommend people with any back issues to go on this tour as there occasionally can be some hard bumps.
1 500 DKK
Multi-day TourWith professional photographer
Arctic Nights Photography Workshop | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 52 900 DKK
City walk | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 300 DKK
Dogsled expedition to settlements | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom
Dogsledding – 2 hours | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 1 500 DKK