Private Glacier and Settlement Tour | Uummannaq | North Greenland
Would you like to know more about how climate change has affected North Greenland? Then join this 4-hour boat trip to the settlement of Saattut, north of Uummannaq!
In Saattut, you will meet and talk with local hunters, where the guide will ask and translate their stories, about how much has changed just in the past 2 decades, and how it has affected their daily lives.
After a few conversations, you will go Northwest to the glaciers in Itilliarsuup Kangerlua, where you clearly can see how the ice has retracted and left a bare rock surface.
It is an endearing tour that'll awe you in its beauty and give you a deeper understanding of life in the Arctic and how the changing climate is affecting real lives.
Please note that the price is for chartering the whole boat for this excursion.Immerse yourself in the consequences of climate change by studying Greenlandic culture and visiting the retracting icecap in the North Greenland region, by selecting your date of travel and clicking on Book Now.
- Local guide
- Tea & coffee
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Day Pack
- Camera with extra batteries
- Water bottle
- Please note that the price is for chartering the whole boat for this excursion.
7 200 DKK
Winter adventure package | Kangerlussuaq & SisimiutFrom 11 400 DKK
Day TourPay by the Hour
Boat Charter on P550 | NuukFrom 1 600 DKK
Day Tour1 to 6 passengers included
Explore the Cultural site of Qilakitsoq | Private tour | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 1 850 DKK
The Sled Dog Experience | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 350 DKK