Fishing For Acadian Redfish | Nuuk
Do you want to do like the locals? Then join on this fishing trip and try to catch your own dinner!
As locals we know the fjord around Nuuk very well and know exactly where to take you for a good catch of "Redfish". We will sail out from Nuuk and into the fjord towards Qooqqut. This place is known as "the Redfish hole" and is the best place to catch exactly this delicious fish.
Fishing is a very important part of the Greenlandic culture and fish plays a big role in the traditional diet. Today many people have their own boat and go out to fish to sustain their families or just for fun. Fishing is a great activity, you both get the excitement when you feel something nibbling your bait. At the same time it is very relaxing as you get to enjoy the surrounding nature, wildlife and feel the fresh arctic wind in your hair. The area around Qooqqut is very beautiful with its grass covered mountains, so the eyes will not get bored from enjoying the view of the landscape.
The Redfish can get quite big and it can get very exciting from the moment you feel it on the hook to you finally have it on-board the boat. You both have to be quick but also careful that you do not loose it again. If we do not catch anything within the first couple of minutes we will sail to another spot to try our luck.
The sailing time makes up around 2,5 hours of the tripe leaving 1,5 hour for fishing. We will sail north from Nuuk passing the beautiful Sermitsiaq island with its iconic mountain tops.
Do not hesitate to join on this fun trip to the fjord when you are in Nuuk. Check the availability in "Book Now" above!
- Local guide
- Fishing equipment
- 2.5 hour sailing with open boat
- 1.5 hours fishing
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Water bottle
- If there are less than three bookings, upon departure day, the adventure will be cancelled.
- Notice captain has the right to cancel tours due to bad weather, technical problems or sickness.
Multi-day TourFlights included
Ice, Big Walls & Hot Spring | South Greenland ExplorerFrom 22 500 DKK
Vacation PackageBook now
5 Day Ilulissat Explorer | Disko BayFrom 25 000 DKK
5-Day Greenland Getaway | Nuuk | West GreenlandFrom 4 878 DKK
Snowshoe Hiking | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 550 DKK