Hike to Santas' Cabin | Uummannaq | North Greenland
Uummannaq - the city named after the heart-shaped mountain, is also home to Santa Claus' summer residence, about an hours walk from the city to the foot of the mountain lies a traditionally built cabin.
The cabin, built with rocks and turf, was featured as Santa Claus' home, in the popular Danish Christmas tv-show "Nissebanden i Grønland" - which translates to "The elf-gang in Greenland". The show first aired in 1989 and has since then been aired several times and is a bit of a fan-favourite. The Cabin hasn't been changed since the show ended and is therefore filled with props and pictures from the show, making it a popular destination for Danes as it was, for a lot of people, their first impression and connection to Greenland.
The hike itself is fairly flat and do-able for all ages. See availability by clicking "Book Now" and book your tour today.
- 3 hours guided hike
- Local Guide
- Tea and Coffee
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sun screen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Water bottle
- Day pack
- Dress in layers. You never really know how the weather is going to turn out and it can change pretty quickly, so it is important that you can adjust accordingly.
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".
Multi-day TourWith professional photographer
Arctic Nights Photography Workshop | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 52 900 DKK
City walk | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 300 DKK
Dogsled expedition to settlements | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom
Dogsledding – 2 hours | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 1 500 DKK