Introduction to Stand-up Paddleboarding (SUP) | Nuuk | West Greenland
Curious about trying stand-up paddleboarding (SUP) but not sure where to start?
Join us for a 2-hour introduction to the sport where we will equip you with all the gear you need and explain:
- how your paddle should be adjusted
- where to stand on the board
- how to balance effectively and deal with small waves
- how to move from a kneeling to a standing position and back again
and also how to get back on the board if you do happen to fall in.
Don't be afraid of the cold water, as your drysuit will make sure you stay dry if the worst happens, and your lifejacket will keep you afloat. In fact, many people jump in just for the fun of it at least once! Our experienced guide will also help you back onto the board if needed.
Join us after work, relax on the water, and learn something new by selecting your preferred date and clicking Book Now.
Kayaking & SUP
- Experienced SUP guide
- Drysuit, boots, and mittens
- Paddleboard and paddle
What to bring
- Normal, warm clothing to wear under the drysuit
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Waterproof camera (optional, and attached to you somehow)
- You just wear normal clothes underneath the drysuit. The suit will keep you dry but is not very warm, so if it is a cold day, it is a good idea to layer with thermal underwear
We start out slowly and, once you gain confidence, go for a paddle along Nuuk's shoreline - either near the Colonial Harbour or Qinngorput for the remainder of the time.