Introduction to Stand-up Paddleboarding (SUP) | Nuuk | West Greenland
Curious about trying stand-up paddleboarding (SUP) but not sure where to start? Or looking for a fun activity for friends, family, or colleagues to do together? We equip you with all the gear you need to paddle around the Old Colonial Harbour. You can use the 1,5 hour, as 'learning by doing' introduction to stand-up paddleboarding, or you can play around on the boards. Before heading out, we will teach you:
- how your paddle should be adjusted
- where to stand on the board
- how to balance effectively and deal with small waves
- how to move from a kneeling to a standing position and back again
Kayaking & SUP
- Experienced SUP guide
- Drysuit, boots, and mittens
- Paddleboard and paddle
What to bring
- Normal, warm clothing to wear under the drysuit
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Waterproof camera (optional, and attached to you somehow)
- You just wear normal clothes underneath the drysuit. The suit will keep you dry but is not very warm, so if it is a cold day, it is a good idea to layer with thermal underwear
- We start out slowly and, once you gain confidence, go for a paddle along Nuuk's shoreline - either near the Colonial Harbour
- All children MUST be with a responsible adult, you can not buy tickets only for children, but we have paddleboards in children and adult sizes
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".