Qoornoq Island Adventure | Nuuk
Visit the beautiful Qoornoq Island by booking this 4-hour boat trip! This tour is for those who would like to experience one of Nuuk Fjords, most interesting destinations of incredible nature and Greenlandic history. This experience should not be missed those visitors of Greenland's capital, Nuuk, who are passionate about the country's history and spectacular nature.
Your tour starts at the colonial harbour, not far from the city centre, where you will be welcomed aboard our closed cabin boat. Your experienced captain will seat you, and pair you with a life jacket. Once you are ready the captain will set the course towards the first highlight of the day.
Sailing into Nuuk's complicated fjord system, we will pass the iconic Sermitsiaq Mountain, which from the leftover snow from winter creates a beautiful waterfall down the mountainside. It's a spectacular sight to see the waterfall tumbling down the side of the mountain.
By the settlement, you will go ashore. After a walk between the few houses and surrounding tundra, we will continue our journey to the other side of the island. This is where we will be met by a breathtaking waterfall, where we will stay and listen to the sound of the running water and enjoy the stunning view of the fjord. We will then head towards some old Norse ruins where you will be told about the living conditions thousands of years ago.
Explore the Nuuk Fjord and one of its small settlements by selecting your preferred departure date and clicking Book Now.
- English speaking captain
- The tour is on a closed boat with a heated cabin, restroom, and safety equipment
- Life jackets
- Tea & coffee
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket and gloves, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera and spare batteries
- Drinking water and snacks
- Optional: binoculars
- Although this tour takes place on a closed boat, the best views are from the outer decks. Make sure you bring plenty of warm clothes (even in Summer) so you can enjoy from outside.
- The route is dependent on wind and weather conditions. To ensure the best experience, the scheduled highlights may need to be altered.
- You can order a sandwich in the booking process, or you may bring your own snacks/food.
- This tour has a minimum requirement of 2 passengers. If we do not reach this number of people on the day of your tour, we will cancel the tour and refund the paid price.
1 350 DKK