Midnight Cruise To Ilulissat Icefjord | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
Discover the unforgettable icebergs of Ilulissat, with this two-hour boat tour! See the large icebergs, under the red and orange rays of the ever-shining arctic midnight sun, on this exciting evening tour.
Experience the Arctic phenomenon - the ever-shining midnight sun. Combining the spell-binding Icefjord and the midnight sun, is an experience, you will remember for life.
Your tour begins by Ilulissat harbor, where your local captain will seat you in his small open vessel. From here, you will be venturing south of Ilulissat, to the mouth of the Icefjord. En route, we might be able to spot a whale or two, playing hide and seek between the waves.
The glacier of Ilulissat Icefjord is known as the Sermeq Kujalleq Glacier. The glacier is one of the world’s most active and productive glaciers, and it calves over 35 km3 of ice, a year. The icebergs tower 100 meters above the water and remember, this is just the tip of the iceberg.
By the mouth of the fjord, you will be experiencing the sky-high icebergs, illuminated by the orange and red rays of the midnight sun. As we cruise through the icy waters, you will be able to see through the crystal clear waters. Let the arctic winds slip through your hair, while you enjoy the fantastic scenery of blue and white nuanced icebergs, lit up by the orange and red rays of the midnight sun!
By booking this tour, you secure a personal experience, as you will be conquering the beautiful surroundings of Disko Bay, on a small vessel. Bring your camera, and put on a warm hat for this amazing cruise to Ilulissat Icefjord! Check the booking availability by pressing ‘Book Now’ above.
- Safety vest
- 2 hours sailing with an open boat
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), an insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), an outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- A warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Water bottle
- Day pack
- The tour has a minimum requirement of three persons. If the minimum requirement is not attained, we will try to rebook you to another departure or cancel the tour. Furthermore, the scheduled departure can be altered, due to availability, wind, weather, etc.
- Please note, that this tour takes place on an open boat, without floating suits - it is therefore crucial that you wear warm, wind- and waterproof outerwear. As the tour takes place on a smaller open boat, you have to be in a condition to get on and off the boat, no matter what the docking conditions are.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.