Midnight Cruise To Ilulissat Icefjord | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
Discover the unforgettable icebergs of Ilulissat, with this two-hour boat tour! See the large icebergs, under the red and orange rays of the ever-shining arctic midnight sun, on this exciting evening tour.
Experience the Arctic phenomenon - the ever-shining midnight sun. Combining the spell-binding Icefjord and the midnight sun, is an experience, you will remember for life.
Your tour begins by Ilulissat harbor, where your local captain will seat you in his small open vessel. From here, you will be venturing south of Ilulissat, to the mouth of the Icefjord. En route, we might be able to spot a whale or two, playing hide and seek between the waves.
The glacier of Ilulissat Icefjord is known as the Sermeq Kujalleq Glacier. The glacier is one of the world’s most active and productive glaciers, and it calves over 35 km3 of ice, a year. The icebergs tower 100 meters above the water and remember, this is just the tip of the iceberg.
By the mouth of the fjord, you will be experiencing the sky-high icebergs, illuminated by the orange and red rays of the midnight sun. As we cruise through the icy waters, you will be able to see through the crystal clear waters. Let the arctic winds slip through your hair, while you enjoy the fantastic scenery of blue and white nuanced icebergs, lit up by the orange and red rays of the midnight sun!
By booking this tour, you secure a personal experience, as you will be conquering the beautiful surroundings of Disko Bay, on a small vessel. Bring your camera, and put on a warm hat for this amazing cruise to Ilulissat Icefjord! Check the booking availability by pressing ‘Book Now’ above.
- Local captain
- Safety vest
- 2 hours sailing with an open boat
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), an insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), an outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- A warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Water bottle
- Day pack
- The tour has a minimum requirement of three persons. If the minimum requirement is not attained, we will try to rebook you to another departure or cancel the tour. Furthermore, the scheduled departure can be altered, due to availability, wind, weather, etc.
- Please note, that this tour takes place on an open boat, without floating suits - it is therefore crucial that you wear warm, wind- and waterproof outerwear. As the tour takes place on a smaller open boat, you have to be in a condition to get on and off the boat, no matter what the docking conditions are.
2 Day Hiking and Kayaking Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 4 950 DKK
2 Hours of Dogsledding | IlulissatFrom 1 495 DKK
Vacation PackageIncluding flights from Iceland
3 days Ilulissat Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 21 500 DKK
Vacation PackageBook now
5 Day Ilulissat Explorer | Disko BayFrom 25 000 DKK