Nuuk Fjord Discovery| Nuuk
Witness Greenland’s nature and wildlife on this 2-hour guided Fjord Safari! This tour takes place in the fantastic sceneries of Nuuk fjord, surrounded by towering mountains, occasionally icebergs and whales.
Nuuk fjord is the world’s second-largest fjord system and is known for its spectacular sceneries of icebergs, sky-high mountains, waterfalls, and wildlife in all sizes. On this tour, you will be sailing through the fjord, to some of the most spectacular highlights of the fjord.
Your tour starts by the Colonial Harbor, located near the city center of Nuuk. Here you will be welcomed by your captain and an experienced wilderness guide. After a short safety briefing, you will be seated in a closed boat. You’ll then set out on the vast waters of the fjord, and the captain will set the course towards Mount. Sermitsiaq.
By Sermitsiaq, you will be able to enjoy the tour’s first highlight: the Sermitsiaq waterfall. On top of the mountain, is a glacier, and the glacial meltwater creates a stunning waterfall, sliding into the sea. Once you are done gazing upon the waterfall, a complete circuit of Sermitsiaq awaits you!
As you cruise through the fjord, keep an eye out for humpback whales, seals, and iceberg. The humpback whale is a frequent visitor of the fjord, and if you are lucky you might be lucky to see the gentle giants, playing hide and seek between the waves.
Sailing through Nuuk fjord is the ”must do’’ activity when visiting Nuuk, and by booking this tour you can uncover the classics. Check the booking availability by pressing ‘Book Now’ above.
- 2 hours sailing tour with closed boat
- Local guide
- Coffee & Tea
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Water bottle
- This tour is cruise ship scheduled, which means that the duration and departure time is fitted with your cruise ship arrival and departure.