Open Boat Glacier Expedition | Nuuk Icefjord
Is it your dream to sail among icebergs? Travel the full length of one of the world’s largest fjord systems to marvel at the Narsap Sermia glacier on this full-day adventure into the Nuuk Icefjord.
Leaving the harbour, your journey begins by sailing almost all the way around the city of Nuuk. The colourful buildings soon give way to the impressive Sermitsiaq mountain as you make your way along one of the longest waterways in Greenland. Sit back in the open boat, relax, and feel the cool arctic air surround you as you glide past the innumerable mountains that separate the different arms of the fjord.
As you get closer to the end of the fjord, you will start to sail past icebergs of all different sizes. This is where they are born - cast adrift by the melting glacier face to make their way along the currents and tides towards Nuuk.
Your captain will bring you as close to the glacier as possible while still ensuring your safety, and from there you will bear witness to the world’s second-largest icefjeld. Enjoy a cup of tea or coffee while you watch and listen to the silence in a truly remote setting.
Cross another item off your bucket list by selecting your preferred date for this Nuuk Icefjord expedition above, and click on Book Now.
- Local Crew
- Survival/Floating Suit
- Life Jacket
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Food & Snacks
- Binoculars for spotting whales
- This tour is in an open boat with no cabin. Make sure you dress more warmly than you would normally, as you will be exposed to the elements for the whole trip and you will have the wind chill from the motion of the boat.
- The departure time for this tour is flexible. However, if your booking does not meet the minimum number of passengers required for the tour to run, we may need to move your chosen departure time to match you up with the next possible tour. In this case, we will contact you by email to verify that the change is OK.
- The minimum requirement is 3 passengers.
- The tour operator claims the right to cancel tours due to bad weather, technical problems or sickness.
1 100 DKK