Sailing to Tiniteqilaaq and the Sermilik Icefjord | Tasiilaq | East Greenland
Hop aboard this 8-hour boat tour, taking yours through the East Greenlandic Icefjord, Sermilik to the beautiful village of Tiniteqilaaq. This tour is perfect for those seeking to explore Greenlandic culture and daily life in one of Greenland's small settlements.
Your tour starts by Tasiilaq Harbour, from where you will be heading north of Ammassalik Island. You will be sailing through breathtaking landscapes of the countless iceberg and mountains. After an hour or two of sailing, we will arrive at Tiniteqilaaq. Tiniteqilaaq means “The place that runs dry at low tide”, and is called Tinit by the locals.
From the small settlement, you can see Sermilik Icefjord - a truly mesmerizing sight, with its icebergs and the Greenland ice sheet blending into the horizon. We will go on land to explore the settlement. Tinit is quite small and has approximately 110 inhabitants. You will quickly get an impression of the daily lives of Greenlandic families living in smaller communities on the coast.
After a short settlement walk, we will return to the boat and continue our journey through the fjord. In the fjord, we will stop the boat to get a well-deserved lunch in the presence of icebergs and hopefully, humpback whales.
Grab this great opportunity to uncover the hidden gems of East Greenland, by selecting your date of travel and clicking on Book Now.
- Experienced guide
- Warm drinks and refreshments
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Day Pack
- Camera with extra batteries
- Water bottle
- This tour has a minimum requirement. If the minimum requirement is not attained, we will try to rebook you. If it is not possible to rebook you, the tour will be cancelled, and you will be refunded.
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".
1 600 DKK