Snowmobile Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
Ups it looks like this tour is unavailable. Find more tours in Ilulissat here
As Greenland is known for its magnificent snow-covered landscapes, what greater way to explore it than on a snowmobile? Come along this action-packed adventure and take your Ilulissat adventure to the next level! Snowmobiling allows you to reach almost inaccessible places, as the vehicles easily move up the steep mountains sides.
Experienced or not, this tour is for anyone who would like to explore Ilulissat's backdrop of winter beauty and its playground of snow. The astonishing landscape is a wonderland for your enjoyment. Conquer mountainsides and make it your mission to reach unimaginable stunning views.
Before venturing out on the snowmobile, your guide will teach you how to operate the snowmobile and the security precautions that apply. You and your fellow explorers will be guided above the big Akinnaq. From Akinnaq you will be delving deep into the white covered wilderness, cross frozen lakes and explore the magical and spellbinding views of the Icefjord.
Reserve your place by selecting your preferred date and clicking on Book Now.
|• Transfer from the departure point to the old quarry and back
• Instructions and guided snowmobiling
• Coffee & tea
• Warm winter clothing
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarfInsulated winter boots
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Water bottle
- You must be at least 12 years old to join this tour
- At least one in every 2 people in your party must have a valid drivers license (there are 2 people/snowmobile). Please indicate how many people have drivers licenses in the booking process
- The snow conditions determine the exact route of the tour
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".
1 750 DKK