Snowmobile Adventure | Uummannaq | North Greenland
Experience the fresh Arctic breeze and the thrill of riding on sea ice from the comfort and speed of a snowmobile. Travelling far in the harsh but magnificent winter wonderland has never been more easy and fun.
There are often icebergs stuck in the sea ice, giving you a great opportunity to take a closer look with the snowmobile. You will be travelling for about one and a half hours, passing by hunters and fishermen, doing what they do best, to the settlement of Ikerasak. There you will have a quick walk around town before visiting one of the locals so you can warm up with a cup of hot coffee and learn about the way of life here. This is one of the most isolated places in the world, where time seems to have a different meaning. After having warmed up, you will head on back to Uummannaq with a huge smile on your face and some amazing photos you couldn’t get anywhere else on earth.
If you want to spend even more time on the ice and explore more of the Uummannaq fjord, you can add on additional hours and just talk to the guide about what you'd like to see. Each hour is an additional 700 dkk.Select your preferred date and click Book Now to reserve your place.
- Tea and Coffee
- Local Guide
What to bring
- First lower layer (thermal pants, wool or synthetic)
- First upper layer (thermal shirt, wool or synthetic)
- Thick socks (wool is ideal)
- Second upper layer (fleece)
- Second lower layer (hiking/ski pants)
- Third layer jacket (Primaloft or down)
- Third layer pants (wind and water proof pants)
- Fourth layer jacket (wind and water proof jacket)
- Warm gloves or mittens
- Warm beanie or balaclava
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Please note that you should have a valid drivers license.
- It is possible to borrow some winter clothing, but we cannot guarantee it. We will try our best to confirm it as soon as possible if necessary
3 000 DKK
Multi-day TourWith professional photographer
Arctic Nights Photography Workshop | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 52 900 DKK
City walk | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 300 DKK
Dogsled expedition to settlements | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom
Dogsledding – 2 hours | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 1 500 DKK