Stand up paddleboard with whales or fjord adventure I Nuuk
Get out paddling in some of the world’s most unique sceneries on this 4-hour tour. You will paddle into Nuuk Fjord, surrounded by stretches of mountains, waterfalls, icebergs, and wildlife. No previous experience necessary!
We start our 4-hour adventure with an introduction to equipment and dressing up. All geared up we sail out of the city towards Nuuk fjord.
Our aim is to find calm water, so you can enjoy a bucket-list-worthy experience on stand-up paddleboards (SUP). If wind and weather allow, you can test your balance on paddleboard by the glacial meltwater waterfall by Mount Sermitsiaq. On top of the iconic mountain is a large glacier, that melts during the the summer - creating a spectacular waterfall, tumbling down the side of the mountain.
Once on the boards, we will paddle in the extraordinary surroundings of towering mountains, waterfalls and fjord-landscapes. Your guide will help all the way until you feel safe on a paddleboard. It is an extraordinary experience being so close to nature and enjoying the beautiful views of mountains and waterfalls. That's an experience of a lifetime!
Reserve your place on this unique stand up paddleboarding experience by selecting your date of travel and clicking on Book Now.
Note: there is no age minimum. However, participants must be taller than 125 cm due to the sizes of drysuits available. It is not possible to do this excursion without a drysuit.
Kayaking & SUP
- Rental of drysuit, neoprene shoes, mittens and lifejacket
- Rental of Stand up paddleboard
- Boat shuttle
- Instruction in beeing comfortable and safe on a board and how to approach whales
- Rental of radio and instructions
- Experience Guide
- Pictures of the tour taking by guide
What to bring
- Warm socks
- Sunglasses (with a strap is recommended)
- In cold conditions thin wollen gloves to wear under the neoprene mittens
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Light changing clothes (optional)
- Please note that "COVID-19 discount" can be applied just for Greenland residents.
- This paddleboarding activity is done at your own risk and insurance. Before you leave the boat, we will get you to sign a waiver that states you understand this important issue and that you have appropriate insurance coverage.
- While there is no age limit, there is a minimum height limit of 125cm. This is because this is the size of the smallest drysuit. It is not possible to do the activity without a drysuit.
- If you are bringing a camera while paddleboarding, make sure it is waterproof (or contained in a waterproof housing) and attached to you firmly.
1 250 DKK