Stand up paddleboard with whales or fjord adventure I Nuuk
Ups it looks like this tour is no longer available , please find tours in Nuuk here.
Get out paddling in some of the world’s most unique sceneries on this 4-hour tour. You will paddle into Nuuk Fjord, surrounded by stretches of mountains, waterfalls, icebergs, and wildlife. No previous experience necessary!
We start our 4-hour adventure with an introduction to equipment and dressing up. All geared up we sail out of the city towards Nuuk fjord.
Our aim is to find calm water, so you can enjoy a bucket-list-worthy experience on stand-up paddleboards (SUP). If wind and weather allow, you can test your balance on paddleboard by the glacial meltwater waterfall by Mount Sermitsiaq. On top of the iconic mountain is a large glacier, that melts during the the summer - creating a spectacular waterfall, tumbling down the side of the mountain.
Once on the boards, we will paddle in the extraordinary surroundings of towering mountains, waterfalls and fjord-landscapes. Your guide will help all the way until you feel safe on a paddleboard. It is an extraordinary experience being so close to nature and enjoying the beautiful views of mountains and waterfalls. That's an experience of a lifetime!
Reserve your place on this unique stand up paddleboarding experience by selecting your date of travel and clicking on Book Now.
Note: there is no age minimum. However, participants must be taller than 125 cm due to the sizes of drysuits available. It is not possible to do this excursion without a drysuit.
Kayaking & SUP
- Rental of drysuit, neoprene shoes, mittens and lifejacket
- Rental of Stand up paddleboard
- Boat shuttle
- Instruction in beeing comfortable and safe on a board and how to approach whales
- Rental of radio and instructions
- Experience Guide
- Pictures of the tour taking by guide
What to bring
- Warm socks
- Sunglasses (with a strap is recommended)
- In cold conditions thin wollen gloves to wear under the neoprene mittens
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Light changing clothes (optional)
- Please note that "COVID-19 discount" can be applied just for Greenland residents.
- This paddleboarding activity is done at your own risk and insurance. Before you leave the boat, we will get you to sign a waiver that states you understand this important issue and that you have appropriate insurance coverage.
- While there is no age limit, there is a minimum height limit of 125cm. This is because this is the size of the smallest drysuit. It is not possible to do the activity without a drysuit.
- If you are bringing a camera while paddleboarding, make sure it is waterproof (or contained in a waterproof housing) and attached to you firmly.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.
1 250 DKK